What's new

Anybody using the Seygus razor? Any thoughts?

Just curious. There was a lot of buzz about this Spanish razor about 5 or 6 months ago, but now I almost never hear it discussed on any forum.

Did anybody here get one? Do you use it? What do you like about it? Is it solidly in the rotation?

There are a few people in our Dutch shaving forum that like it very much, it might very well be a excellent shaver but I didn't buy one because I didn't like the looks.

I had the brass versionand sold it, since I was still new to de shaving testing out razors and blades I understood that I didn't like mild shavers. The seygus is a very mild shaver, more mild than the asd2... I do hear they are working on a more aggressive plate

@Useless shaver

I think Juan Manuel tried one, or actually owns one, not sure.

Yup, I was one of the Guinea pigs when the project was being developped and now I happily own two of them, OC and SB.

The OC (the only one I've tried so far) is impressive IME, IMHO, YMMV and all that... My first shave with it (with a fresh Feather in... woohoo!) was like "Did I put a blade in?". It might be the smoothest, most efficient shaver I've ever tried.:w00t:

No pics now, sorry.

EDIT Sorry for being late... long weekend and PC broken down...

Borrowed pic... The handle was a LE for a Spanish shaving forum.

proxy.php

Extremely light, looks almost like a toy, crudely made, the feel of the comb on my face was irritating.

I gather you tried an aluminium version?
But the two I now own are brass... over 100 gr each! That's probably the heaviest ones I have. However, after a couple of seconds, I got used to it and it glided all over my face like a Feather (sorry for the pun...).

Seems ShaveNation is the Exclusive Supplier of Seygus razors in North America. Appears he only has the Aluminum versions. Pretty razors!

Seems ShaveNation is the Exclusive Supplier of Seygus razors in North America. Appears he only has the Aluminum versions. Pretty razors!
Yep. Aluminum in black, blue, or red. As far as I know, the razor is all aluminum except for the 4th piece, that goes just below the head, which is stainless steel.

I'm very tempted by this razor, especially the blue one. The price is a lot more than I was expecting, though. I may have to sell a few razors I never use and pick this thing up and give it a go.

I have a Seygus but have used it only five times since getting it in late March. It is somewhat lightweight but comfortable to use. I shaved with it four times in March and April but moved it out of the bathroom with a bunch of other gear and forgot to bring it back. I thought about it a few days ago and used it again yesterday. The first four shaves were with a Voskhod and yesterday a Rockwell. All were good shaves but I think it shaved better with the Voskhod. It is not an aggressive razor but I'm looking forward to trying it with a Feather blade. Overall I'm happy with the Seygus and glad I bought it. I plan to ease it back into my rotation of 15 or so razors.

$20160726_172433 (3).jpg

Top Bottom