What's new

Simple, effective DIY treatment for Athlete's Foot/Foot Odor/Dry and Cracked Skin

Hey there B&B,

Just thought I'd share a simple recipe for those of you challenged with re-occurring or persistent athlete's foot.

If you are like me you have tried the OTC stuff and it just doesn't work anymore. So I started researching for alternatives and did some deep dives into essential oil and carrier oil research. I cam up with a mixture I've been using for months now, and my wife noticed how much better my feet look and feel, and no she uses it daily as well!

Here is my Recipe, and...chances are you already have most of the ingredients in your house (just ask your wife if need be :lol:). This is a Vegan recipe, and you can choose to buy 100% organic oils if your prefer.

1 1/2 Tablespoon of EXTRA VIRGIN Olive Oil (contains the most "good stuff" in to, Virgin and lower grades are from sub-sequent pressings of the olive, not as nutrient rich...Olive oil oes an excellent job at penetrating tough, thick skin like is on most male feet/heels)

1 1/2 Tablespoon Almond Oil (super mosturizing)

40 drops of 100% PURE Tea Tree Oil (Higher concentration of the "terpenes" which is what does the killing of the fungus and bacteria) (This can be purchased anywhere that sells essential oils, check the organic/heathly living section of your favorite grocer or pharmacy)

Put this all into a small bottle (I use a cheap 3oz flip-top bottle you can buy at the travel section of just about any store)

Shake well initially to get all the oils mixed up together.

Give it a quick shake prior to use, put a small (nickle sized puddle in the cupped hand) amount onto each foot, rub the oils in, get in between your toes. Do this 2x a day, once after morning shower, and put sock on after, then at night before bed. This will get rid of your Athlete's Foot over time and your feet will not smell bad, and be softer and smooth!

Warning, NEVER apply Tea Tree Oil at FULL STRENGTH directly to your skin, it can cause irritation. Also if you have cats, be careful not to let your cats touch or ingest Tea Tree Oil, it is dangerous to them.

Hope this helps!

-Will

Last edited:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
That sounds good for Athlete's Foot and those other two.

The doctor gave me this for Athlete's foot, Tinea Cruris and Tinea Corporis .

It's Terbinafine HCl. This can be bought at your local drug store for 8 USD.

My dad always said that Vicks VapoRub works too. Something about the thymol/eucalyptus inhibiting fungus growth between the toes. He always swore by it.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Will:
I know how you feel...noboby wants their feet and toes to look like something out of "Jurassic Park" , not to mention the remarks of ‘ewe you’ from others.
proxy.php

My foot doctor prescribed using over-the-counter Iodine Tincture 7% (strong), solution (dry toes thoroughly, [and between the toes also] using the enclosed applicator, swap Iodine between the toes and wait for them to dry), daily. :w00t:

proxy.php

For softer and/ cracked feet, he prescribed (also over-the-counter), using Amlactin Body Lotion instead of using a pumice stone (because I have Type 2 diabetes).

proxy.php

I highly suggest using Maximum Strength Gold Bond all year round because I firmly believe that it's the best in providing itch relief, absorbs excess moisture, helps control foot odor / bacteria and cools and soothes the feet.

Also, always wear soaks with your foot gear / slippers 'around-the-house': your feet will thank you later.
proxy.php

To sum up, both of these simple methods has worked awesomely for me! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art". Leonardo da Vinci

Top Bottom