What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I've been considering grabbing one of the stirling brushes in the 24mm. I've little experience with badgers, the only one I have tried is a semogue 730hd. Has anyone tried a semogue bager that can do a comparison in face feel/ back bone ?

Thanks to those who responded.

The idea that Stirling Menthol soaps get used up faster or not quite as slick, may well be just a figment of my imagination. It doesn't seem much different. And it could be explained by variances in the batches or something.

Rod is great and the soaps are really good.

I think that Tabac edges it out some but Stirling is right up there. And I love my 6 Stirling soaps in rotation.

I just ordered the 26/54 to supplement my Omega 49 boar and my vintage Stag B 755 300 badger. I suspect this will leave me still wanting an in-between size (between Stag and Stirling) and I have yet to try a Plissoft. Maybe I'd better buy a lottery ticket...

Last edited:
First shave with the Stirling 24mm Badger.
Wow - this thing really bloomed into a huge brush!
I think I will need to load more than with my synth, as I didn't have quite enough lather, so just did some light touchup instead of a full 3rd pass.
Definately different character than the synth. More backbone, but very soft tips. Feels very nice on the face. I'm surprised how much this knot bloomed out. Seems more dense than my synth (Shave Rev EVO24mm). Handle is comfortable and just large enough for me.
It will take a few uses to get the hang of it, but first shave went very well. Will load very heavy next time and see where I end up. :001_smile

Congrats on the Badger. It too was my first... I think its THE entry level Badger brush. The nice thing is... it doesn't perform entry level. Nice bloom btw. Regarding the lather quantity: Facelathering, you have to consider how dense that knot is. You need to work it a bit more than you might be used to. Loading the brush the with the same amount and whipping it in a bowl I got a huge amount of lather... because I worked it longer and with more water. Tried the same with facelather the next time and voila.... there it was. Creamy goodness... and plenty of it. I wasn't used to such a dense knot either coming from my Semogue and Synthetics.

Glad you like the brush too:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the Badger. It too was my first... I think its THE entry level Badger brush. The nice thing is... it doesn't perform entry level. Nice bloom btw. Regarding the lather quantity: Facelathering, you have to consider how dense that knot is. You need to work it a bit more than you might be used to. Loading the brush the with the same amount and whipping it in a bowl I got a huge amount of lather... because I worked it longer and with more water. Tried the same with facelather the next time and voila.... there it was. Creamy goodness... and plenty of it. I wasn't used to such a dense knot either coming from my Semogue and Synthetics.

Glad you like the brush too:thumbup:

Thanks! I appreciate the input. I also went back to a bowl until I get a better feel for it. Lathers have been very nice so far. Maybe slightly creamier than with the synth? Less air getting added maybe? It's coming along nicely! :thumbup1:

Thanks! I appreciate the input. I also went back to a bowl until I get a better feel for it. Lathers have been very nice so far. Maybe slightly creamier than with the synth? Less air getting added maybe? It's coming along nicely! [emoji106]1:
I noticed the same thing. The lather is definitely different for me if I compare the Stirling Badger to my Omega Boar or Synthetic. I just love the badger though. I use it 90% of the time [emoji1]

Thanks! I appreciate the input. I also went back to a bowl until I get a better feel for it. Lathers have been very nice so far. Maybe slightly creamier than with the synth? Less air getting added maybe? It's coming along nicely! :thumbup1:

I noticed the same thing. The lather is definitely different for me if I compare the Stirling Badger to my Omega Boar or Synthetic. I just love the badger though. I use it 90% of the time [emoji1]

Oddly enough... I feel the same way and also reach for it most!!:w00t:

They're both excellent soaps. I think Fine did a better job with matching up to Creed Aventus with their Platinum soap than Stirling's Executive Man, and it has replaced it in my rotation. Performance wise, Stirling gives great protection, Fine is a little more slick. This is honestly being very nit-picky, as you can't go wrong with either product.

Recently got the 26/58 cream handled Stirling brush. It has been working great for face lathering. It has not lost a bristle during the first four shaves. Very nice tips and great backbone.

Mine arrived last night, 26mm ivory,.
Used it this morning with Stirling Lime soap.
This is my first badger brush and will take a bit of getting used to, but so far I am really impressed, great brush!

Still using it for every shave since it arrived. I kind of miss how the synth releases the lather so easily...
It's amazing how soft these tips are! I'm not totally converted just yet. :tongue_sm

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 6 shaves in on my Stirling. Tips are great. Bristles were a little stiff first 2-3 shaves, they have loosened up a lot already. Very dense and big brush and it does hog lather a bit, but not bad. It's a lot like my whipped dog high mountain but a little more density. I'm really digging the brush. The odor was not bad at all. Still has not shed a hair.

Does anyone have the original 24mm and the 26? Any idea how they compare?

I absolutely love the original 24mm. My favorite brush by far!

Top Bottom