What's new

Newbie Scotsman - with a cautionary tale

Hi Folks,

Checking in and asking if you have a REHAB area?

Here is my sorry tale.

In April, I went to get yet more blades for my 5 blade cartridge Turbo GTI vibrating Thingie.
Being a true Scot, I looked at the price and thought - there has to be a less expensive way...

The internet (dangerous place) was consulted and one of the first things that I stumbled across was a Kamisori (Yahata Maru) in pretty good shape. So I clicked that mouse button, and so began my descent into madness :w00t:

I already had sharpening stones and knew how to use them as I am also a woodworker.
But I did add a 12k to the collection.

After cleaning up, sharpening and re-binding the handle of the Kamisori and shaving with this strange device, I found that, HEY....I could get to like this...

Since then - being a curious sort...I have added:

Joseph Allen Sheffield Medium Size Hollow Ground
Fox Brothers "The British"
Kron Punkt Solingen No 25
Ernst Schwartz Solingen No3
Another Yahata Maru NOS Kinmoji Kamisori
Jonathan Pitchford Near Wedge with Pressed Leather scales
Bengall Sheffield 4/8"
Bengall Sheffield 5/8"
Freidrich Shlemper PRIOR Solingen
And am awaiting delivery of a KROPP made in England ground in Hamburg.

And this was supposed to be the INEXPENSIVE way to do things :bored:

Is there any hope? is RAD curable?

Well - at least I probably qualify to be here!

Seeya

Geo B.

Abandon hope all ye who enter here...

$Through-the-Rabbit-Hole.jpg

That's what I was afraid of!

#bberg 100 Where in Colorado are you based.
I have taken skiing vacations all around the Vail, Breck, Arapahoe etc area for many years - I LOVE it up there!

Hi Folks,

Checking in and asking if you have a REHAB area?

Here is my sorry tale.

In April, I went to get yet more blades for my 5 blade cartridge Turbo GTI vibrating Thingie.
Being a true Scot, I looked at the price and thought - there has to be a less expensive way...

I really thought you were going to say, Being a true Scot, I need a bigger blade!

And to comment on you saving money by purchasing straits...good lord man, you have a ton of straights! Hey, us men have to have hobbies though...right?

Welcome to the club, Geo. Glad to have you aboard. The only amelioration that I can think of would be one of the Gentlemanly Restraint clubs, but they rely on self-discipline, so they're beyond my capabilities.

As we say here in Cut 'n Shoot, Texas. Aye! Laddybuck, yerrrrrrrrr screwed. There is no hope for you.$tartan_scottish_smiley_round_sticker-r5911d64ac3f14331b032d7913fbc14de_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg

I have only been here a couple of weeks myself. Welcome on board.

Welcome aboard! You sound perfectly 'normal' (by B&B standards)! :lol:

IME AD can be tranferred but not cured. Finding my destination razor cured my RAD. Now I have ASAD, SAD and BAD!

[MENTION=110172]Geo B[/MENTION],
Aye, you've gotten yourself into a bit of a fix now...

Only way out is to go all the way through...

Buy everything you can find... Brushes, straights, DEs, creams and soaps....

Eventually you'll get better...

Where are you from, Scotsman? Perhaps we can help you find more stores nearby....

Well now laddie, others may talk about acquisition as a 'disorder', but I'll tell ya' that there is no 'D' in 'AD' dere eh! =)
Looks like you've got a very nice collection going! You ought to stop by the straight razor forum! we may be quite mad, but we have a lot of fun! :letterk1:

@Geo B,
Aye, you've gotten yourself into a bit of a fix now...

Only way out is to go all the way through...

Buy everything you can find... Brushes, straights, DEs, creams and soaps....

Eventually you'll get better...

Where are you from, Scotsman? Perhaps we can help you find more stores nearby....

That's the spirit... RAD isn't enough is it? You've only just begun.
Welcome to B&B!

Top Bottom