What's new

Favorite Novelty Ice Cream

Me and the kid ran to the local store on the Ranger to get gas and an ice cream bar. I loves me a Banana and Chocolate bomb pop!!
proxy.php

Ice cream cups to be eaten with a real wooden spoon..When I was young the cardboard pull top would have movie stars and sports stars on them....

Attachments

• $iceceam.jpg
    $iceceam.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 121

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
When I was a kid growing up in the Montreal Quebec area there was a smallish local dairy called "Purity". They made the nice little ice cream cups as well as my favourite "fudgsicle" . Now we are not talking a chocolate and water popsicle . . . this was a rich creamy affair that was much like chocolate ice cream on a stick. My buddies and I would scour the neighbourhood to find pop bottles to take back to the store for 2 cents each to pay for such treats. Ah nostalgia.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Crunchy frog for me.

My old friend Freddy's first summer job was as a Good Humor man in Central Park back in '74. On his first day, a gang of kids robbed him of his proceeds, all of his remaining stock, and, for good measure, threw a lit M80 into the cart, destroying it. He was fired. His next job had a similarly unfortunate ending. He was an orderly at Brookdale Hospital and had to wheel a patient from the recovery area to his room. As he gathered the man's belongings, he innocently said, "Sir, where's your other slipper?" The man went apoplectic and they had to call for the crash cart as it appeared that he was going into cardiac arrest. Turns out he had just had his leg amputated. Once again, he was fired.

Ah, good times.

Top Bottom