What's new

Proraso Shaving Cream 5.2oz On Sale $6.75 F/S Ebay + 100 Gillette Silver Blue $14.06

Bought Gillette Silver Blue from seller before. Good deal. Also picked up some Proraso Red (not brown, blame bad photography) yesterday. $6.75 is hard to beat.

Green (Refreshing/Toning)

Bought Gillette Silver Blue from seller before. Good deal. Also picked up some Proraso Red (not brown, blame bad photography) yesterday. $6.75 is hard to beat.

That ebay store is also known as Petsurplus, so grooming supplies aren't their main source of income. My guess is that they're picking up items here and there at closeouts. My worry is we don't know how many times the merchandise changed hands or the climate in which they're stored.

Take a look at Dealsforsalons.com which is located not far from the Ebay seller.

http://www.dealsforsalons.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=253&filter_id=25

The Proraso tubs and creams are $2.73! They also sell alot of other brands at some very nice prices. The difference is that their shipping isn't free and can be quite high, which is the case with most other beauty/barber supply sites and when ordering from overseas. I haven't ordered from Dealsforsalons.com yet and was hoping to read a review before I did.
However, when ordering from places where the prices are nice and low, you have to build up a good order so when you prorate the shipping, it's about $1 to $1.50 per item, which still makes the prices very, very reasonable. I try to include friends when I order so that the shipping cost makes it more feasible.

Their Arko and Derby prices are also reasonable, as is their price for Duru cologne. I have a feeling that both Dealsforsalons and the Ebay seller might be selling the Proraso items that are in the old packaging.

You might also want to look at Giftsandcare.com, which has the latest Proraso packaging and even the new Proraso Sandalwood aftershave. All the tubs and creams are about $4.00 (use the currency dropdown menu at the top of the page):

http://www.giftsandcare.com/en/sear...rway=desc&search_query=proraso&submit_search=

My shipping advice also relates to this seller.

Last edited:
Their Arko and Derby prices are also reasonable, as is their price for Duru cologne. I have a feeling that both Dealsforsalons and the Ebay seller might be selling the Proraso items that are in the old packaging.

You might also want to look at Giftsandcare.com, which has the latest Proraso packaging and even the new Proraso Sandalwood aftershave. All the tubs and creams are about $4.00 (use the currency dropdown menu at the top of the page):

http://www.giftsandcare.com/en/sear...rway=desc&search_query=proraso&submit_search=

My shipping advice also relates to this seller.

Got my red Proraso in the mail today. Can confirm the packaging is not the same as linked above, so it must be the older style. I don't know how long ago they changed designs though, so maybe someone else can help pinpoint the age of the older packaging.

My concern is the actual package I received. The box itself has a small rip, and the tube looked a bit like it was previously handled. The outer shipping box was nicely packed with those air cushions, so whatever happened to this tube happened before it was shipped.

My concern is the actual package I received. The box itself has a small rip, and the tube looked a bit like it was previously handled. The outer shipping box was nicely packed with those air cushions, so whatever happened to this tube happened before it was shipped.

I'd probably ask for a refund. The item was as "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item" (emphasis added).

He's back again with another sale, "5.2oz Proraso Shaving Soap in a Bowl (various scents) on sale for $6.45" via slickdeals. But judging by the reviews here, it doesn't seem very appealing.

He's back again with another sale, "5.2oz Proraso Shaving Soap in a Bowl (various scents) on sale for $6.45" via slickdeals. But judging by the reviews here, it doesn't seem very appealing.

I saw the SD thing today. I'm curious about the condition of the items I ordered, they should arrive by Thursday. The Dealsforsalons.com site has great prices on many items, and I might just put together an order for them. The shipping estimate doesn't seem to work for some reason.

Just thought I would clarify further with some pictures.

Box:
$proraso-box.png
The outer box has just a small rip in the corner. No big deal, I figure something like this could easily happen during handling. Plus, it's just a box. I won't be keeping it around for decoration. Box itself show no other signs of crushing or other damage.

Tube inside:
$proraso-red.jpg
I don't see how this could happen to the tube inside without visible crush damage to the box. Unless of course it was previously handled.

Just thought I would clarify further with some pictures.
Box:
The outer box has just a small rip in the corner. No big deal, I figure something like this could easily happen during handling. Plus, it's just a box. I won't be keeping it around for decoration. Box itself show no other signs of crushing or other damage.

Tube inside:
I don't see how this could happen to the tube inside without visible crush damage to the box. Unless of course it was previously handled.

Something like that could happen to the box, but I think it is unlikely. I haven't sold items on eBay in a while, but I would have never listed an item with a box like that as "New." Health & Beauty has a condition listing of "New other (see details)" for items that are new and unused, but are missing packaging factory, seconds, or have manufacturer defects.

It is the older style tube. The new tubes have some green in the stripes, and they aren't all the same size. It is also the older style box, so at least the box does go with the tube. It looks like the box design changed in late 2015 ( http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/474304-Proaso-s-new-packaging ), so this stuff has been warehoused for a little while and probably changed hands a few times.

I have no opinion on if a tube could look like that from normal handling or not.

I saw the SD thing today. I'm curious about the condition of the items I ordered, they should arrive by Thursday. The Dealsforsalons.com site has great prices on many items, and I might just put together an order for them. The shipping estimate doesn't seem to work for some reason.

The shipping estimate on Dealsforsalons will come as a shock unless you have about 10 items in your cart. I would try calling them to see if they have the new or the old packaging on the Proraso. I've been looking at that site for over a year (they were an Ebay seller at one time) but I've yet to see a review on B&B.

Got my red Proraso in the mail today. Can confirm the packaging is not the same as linked above, so it must be the older style.

My concern is the actual package I received. The box itself has a small rip, and the tube looked a bit like it was previously handled.

That's exactly why I would only purchase from retailers that have men's grooming supplies as one of their main sources of business, drugstore chains, or directly from Amazon. Dealsforsalons seems to fit that description, but I would still like to
know if someone here has purchased from them before.

I purchased from Giftsandcare.com last year and found their customer service to be excellent.

Mine came today. The box and tube of Proraso blue was undamaged and looked brand new. It is the older packaging, but that was the item pictured in the listing. My Proraso brush also looks new. The plastic on the packaging was damaged due to the way the seller stuffed in in the box. I'm not terribly impressed with the seller. Most people can manage to ship items without shoving them in a box in a way that causes them to be damaged before the box is taped shut. This was a good deal, but I'm not likely to order from this seller again.

Mine came today. The box and tube of Proraso blue was undamaged and looked brand new. It is the older packaging, but that was the item pictured in the listing.

Good to hear yours arrived undamaged. I suppose I just got unlucky, but I guess that's the chance we take buying old/overstock at discount prices.

I ordered 2 Proraso Red tube and both boxes where damaged but tube where fine .. Personal I think these where damaged and hence how they got them .. But if everything looks and works good and got it for a good price then it don't bother me ..

I have received 4 tubes of the Proraso Green in different small orders and all is fine. It is the great smell and lather that I remember. I shipped some to my kids. Sometimes things are too good to be true but this is not one of them, at least for me.

Top Bottom