What's new

My grail.

Yesterday, after years of convincing myself, I did it...

proxy.php

I didn't believe people when they said your first one will be "emotional." I can't lie, I got a little choked up when I got home. Wanted one for most of my adult life. Had a really bad year. Always said my future wife would get me one as a wedding gift. Yesterday I did it for myself.

Cheers guys. Live your life to the fullest and take care of yourself.

When I was in college (around 1961) I read the first James Bond book and decided that I wanted a Rolex. During the following years there were many more priorities and not enough money so I pretty much forgot about it. In the late '70's I had an opportunity to get one through an employee that was able to get it for me at a vastly reduced price. I'm wearing it as I write this, around 35 years after I got it. Excepting for when I was traveling, I've worn it continuously for all that time. I still enjoy putting it on to this day - the only issue is that a factory service now costs more than I paid for it.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Congratulations ... may it bring you many decades of precisely-timed joy.

Congrats!!!

I still remember how great it felt about 8 years ago when I got my Submariner after wanting one for 20+ years. I no longer have it (moved on to something else), but I still miss it to this day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom