What's new

Not cheaper than plastic razor

How on earth is the safety razor cheaper than my old plastic multiblades? I got hooked on the idea of the safety razor, and within a week or so I had two razors, a brush, three pucks of soap, three aftershave balms, one aftershave lotion, an alum block, two mugs and a scuttle! For petes sake!

Well..........I think you're missing the point. You failed to mention that you're a little bit crazy like the rest of us :w00t:

welcome to Badger and Blade by the way new friend

Well done! Another sucker (like all the rest of us) who got into DE shaving "to save money."

Great to have you here, Binky!

It costs a lot short term, especially for the hardware, but with blades only costing 10c each or less, it saves money long term

Your not thinking long term. A couple years down the road, you will realize you spent, err, saved, err, yes, saved.

Just relax, go with it, and realize, if you spend a couple bucks to make what used to be the most mundane, often feared or despised, part of your day enjoyable it's worth it.

While saving money is theoretically possible, reports of doing so seem less frequent that reports of seeing Bigfoot.

While saving money is theoretically possible, reports of doing so seem less frequent that reports of seeing Bigfoot.

You ain't kiddin'. Saving money in Wet shaving is like trying to understand Personna razor blades. It's possible, but it's just easier to buy one of everything.

Sounds 'normal' (by B&B standards) to me! :lol:

You can, in theory, save $, most of us do not as shaving becomes a hobby!

I think it goes without saying, but someone can only save money on this by sticking with the minimum set up. One razor can last a lifetime, a brush can last almost as long. After the initial expense all you have to replace are blades, soaps, and aftershave. That's pretty inexpensive if you don't stockpile and collect.

Welcome to the looney bin.

Hi,

I save money. My cost is 16 cents per week. Of course, I am not into any of the ADs these days. ;)

Stan

I too returned to "save money", but there is so much stuff out there I had to try. I've started to narrow down what I like in the way of hardware, but regarding soaps, I'm still working at it. I just don't stockpile as SWBO gets suspicious. There's just too much interesting stuff out there. Enjoy the ride.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
How on earth is the safety razor cheaper than my old plastic multiblades? I got hooked on the idea of the safety razor, and within a week or so I had two razors, a brush, three pucks of soap, three aftershave balms, one aftershave lotion, an alum block, two mugs and a scuttle! For petes sake!

That's all you have? When I was at your point, I was knocking off banks to feed my habit.

Besides, it has nothing to with savings, rather quality.

I save money all the time while shaving with DE and SE razors! Then I spend that saved money on more shaving gear!

Don't worry, you're actually saving money. After my calculation, if I stop buying stuff, in 112 years, I'll actually start saving a ton of money, that I would have rather been spending on those overpriced cartridges. Think about the future.

Top Bottom