What's new

PIF Bain Amour Shave Soap for 5 Members

The smallest padded envelopes sold at Staples were 5x9 so I refuse to ship 4 small samples in such a large container. I have decided to delay shipping for a day or two and fill the envelope with more soap to make shipping worth while. I'll keep everyone informed.

The smallest padded envelopes sold at Staples were 5x9 so I refuse to ship 4 small samples in such a large container. I have decided to delay shipping for a day or two and fill the envelope with more soap to make shipping worth while. I'll keep everyone informed.

Take your time, I know the wait will be worth our wild. Thank you for your hard work. If you need any help, am more then happy to drive up, your only a 3 hr drive. :001_cool:

Whatever works best for you. Thanks again for the generosity. Walmart may have some small cheap envelopes as well if you have one nearby.

It might be more work than it is worth, but I have seen some pretty small cardboard boxes at Walmart for about 50 cents apiece. Some tape, old newspaper, and a shipping label and I bet first class shipping would be very affordable.

Sent from the Danger Phone

Soap is in the mail
$20160729_103655.jpg

$2.45 each plus 0.80 per envelope is only $3.25 per package, not bad! I actually spent more on the sample container than postage. Next time I'll buy bigger sample containers than these. These are about half the size I thought they were.

$2.45 each plus 0.80 per envelope is only $3.25 per package, not bad! I actually spent more on the sample container than postage. Next time I'll buy bigger sample containers than these. These are about half the size I thought they were.

The sample containers I sent you soap in a while back were from Maggard's. I use a lot of these in the soap sample passaround boxes after trying several others. They seem to be a nice size for samples. Not too big and not too small.

The sample containers I sent you soap in a while back were from Maggard's. I use a lot of these in the soap sample passaround boxes after trying several others. They seem to be a nice size for samples. Not too big and not too small.

Ah, I should have looked there. Those are 10ml each, I bought the 5ml sample size.

The envelope has ARRIVED! And I'm so grateful to live in a postal anomaly - Maine is only 2 days from Oklahoma! I ripped open the packaging and had to smell each one of them - a wide and varied selection of scents - and each one is amazing. (I'm participating in the soap passarounds and received the PannaCrema box today, too, so my trying these soaps and their reviews will be delayed)

Thank you, [MENTION=108263]rockclimber[/MENTION], for this amazing and generous PIF and all of your hard work dividing and packing the soaps!!!

The envelope has ARRIVED! And I'm so grateful to live in a postal anomaly - Maine is only 2 days from Oklahoma! I ripped open the packaging and had to smell each one of them - a wide and varied selection of scents - and each one is amazing. (I'm participating in the soap passarounds and received the PannaCrema box today, too, so my trying these soaps and their reviews will be delayed)

Thank you, [MENTION=108263]rockclimber[/MENTION], for this amazing and generous PIF and all of your hard work dividing and packing the soaps!!!

Hey got mine too. Liking the scents however I'm not shaving for a couple days so can't try em out just yet. How you plan on lathering them? I'm thinking flattening in my mug and loading on top, but all that surface area they'll get eaten up fast with my stiff brushes.

Hey got mine too. Liking the scents however I'm not shaving for a couple days so can't try em out just yet. How you plan on lathering them? I'm thinking flattening in my mug and loading on top, but all that surface area they'll get eaten up fast with my stiff brushes.
I was going to scrape off an amount between the size of a pea and half an almond, maybe break that up or flatten it (I like your idea about doing that) and load/lather from my mug. My brush is made of badger hair so it's softer and should load nicely. I have to shave daily because of my job, but my beard grows back quickly so I'll have ample stubble to put these soaps through a decent performance test.

At least that's my plan right now, but I reserve the right to "borrow" any and all ideas that may get posted. :thumbup:

I had a slightly irritating shave about a week ago so I keep scraping the tops off the little red bumps and they're not healing so I'm going to give it a few days. I don't have to shave for work but I work in a chocolate factory and the beard net gets annoying. I still use my Omega 10083 boar but my Envy white 24mm fan eats up soap as much if not more than that. The silvertip doesn't seem to use quite as much.

First shave with it tonight! Went with tea tree and tried to use like a cream by putting a small chunk in a mug to lather. Too much air not enough soap as the lather was really thin and dry. Ended up pressing the sample in the bottom and getting a great lather.
I like the scent tea tree can be really strong but it's just right. Shave performance as far as glide and cushion were fantastic. Zero weepers which is unusual for me and after shave feel is like I used a balm when I used a splash.

Top Bottom