What's new

Who is Alex Jones?

I've been off the forum for a long time, but I was wondering...have any of you guys heard about a guy named Alex Jones down in Austin, TX? He's got a radio show down there and makes documentary films about government cover-ups or something.

The reason I ask is that a friend of mine who is a State cop here in Oregon showed me one of his documentaries/videos called "Police State" (at least I think that's what it's called). It had some pretty shocking stuff on there about abuses of power etc... I've been trying to do some due diligence to find out if this stuff is really going on or if it's all poppycock. If anyone here has heard of Mr. Jones or is familiar with his work, could you just give me your opinion of the man and his material?

I have seen his movies...about towns that are taken over and secret government camps...He is like Michael Moore...shows one perspective. A lot of satire in my opinion. Google "Barack Obama Wesleyan speech" and compare this to the ten pillars of communisism. I am more scared of this than what Alex Jones talks about.

There's a book called Them: Adventures with Extremists where the author spends time with various conspiracy theorists, including a British imam who finances terrorism, two feuding Wizards of the Klan, a journalist chasing th Bilderberg conspiracy and Alex Jones. The book takes the **** out of these guys pretty effectively, and no more so than when the author and Jones "infiltrate" the Bohemian Grove gathering of powerful people that is thought to be the home to a satanic ritual. Jones' breathlessly hyperbolic interpretation of the thing is and the image of him diving through poison ivy to get in (while the author walks in through the front gate) is alone worth it.

He's got a local cable show he produces in Austin and I think you can get his radio broadcasts online. More or less though he's a whacko conspiracy theorist who screams a lot.

Yeah, I found him on iTunes the other day and listened to his show for awhile. He does yell alot. I was fairly impressed though with his research (keep in mind I'm just getting into this). I looked at some of the gov't documents he referenced and it's a bit disturbing what they say. The Northwoods Document? ***?? Staging terror attacks and blowing up U.S. ships in Guantanamo Bay? Painting up drone planes with U.S. airline colors and intentionally shooting it down while saying college students were on it? All to pull the United States into a war with Cuba and the Soviet Union. Yikes. The USS Liberty thing is crazy as well.

Anyway, just goes to show gov't in general can't be trusted...but that's no new thing. History proves that time and time again. Thanks for chiming in with your thoughts on this guy...as with most things in life - some truth, some bullcrap. :001_rolle

Top Bottom