What's new

Fell

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Ouch.

Re: "I'm left with one option grow a beard."
If you have the patience you can learn to shave with your non dominate hand. Many guys have done this with straight razors, myself included.
Grow a beard if that's ok with you but I would not throw the towel in so early if you prefer to be clean shaven. As a short term stop gap maybe.......just maybe, a cart would work for you.
When I hurt my dominate hand, I learnt to play darts with my non dominate hand. I started not being able to hit the board and got to being able to hit triple twenties and doubles at a good strike rate.

All the best with a speedy recovery.

I love darts. I could use either hand to throw. Shaving with my right hand could be dicey. It's doable though...practice makes perfect. Maybe there's a silver lining in all this.

Think positive, at least ya didn't break your funny bone.

...Godspeed to recovery.

Last Monday, I fell. I ended up breaking my elbow. I had a MRI Thursday to find how much damage. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the DR.

I'm left handed, it is the left elbow that is broke. I'm fairly ambidextrous but shaving right handed did not go well. I'm left with one option grow a beard.

Sorry to hear this Brad. Hoping for a quick recovery. Beards can be pretty cool. Just ask [MENTION=59338]Toothpick[/MENTION].

I don't think anyone would hold it against you if under the circumstances you used an electric if it's imperative you remain beardless.

The right hand will improve with practice. If you removed the blade you could get a better feel, more comfortable with the right handed shaving motion and razor manipulation while remaining damage free.

dave

Major bummer. Do what they tell ya and heal. If you what to borrow something mild to practice with let me know. I have a range to choose from.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
When I saw this yesterday, I thought it said fall and didn't need to know anything that wasn't summer.
Get well. I know that had to hurt.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Last Monday, I fell. I ended up breaking my elbow. I had a MRI Thursday to find how much damage. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the DR.

I'm left handed, it is the left elbow that is broke. I'm fairly ambidextrous but shaving right handed did not go well. I'm left with one option grow a beard.
Sorry to hear this. Shaving with the off hand is not that difficult after the first few shaves. I practiced doing it before I got my straight, because I heard that the ability to change hands makes it easier to shave the other side of your face. You will get the hang pretty quickly.

I am right handed and was in a cast twice. I learned to write, drive, wipe my b..., left handed. Hang in there. You will learn to be in your left mind.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I am right handed and was in a cast twice. I learned to write, drive, wipe my b..., left handed. Hang in there. You will learn to be in your left mind.

I broke the pinkie metacarpal on my right hand about 10 years ago (and I now know when rain is coming). Yes, the last thing you mentioned was the hardest thing to get used to. I had an easier time left handed shaving when I switched to straight. When I broke my hand, I just grew a beard.

I'm progressing. The last Dr's visit revealed a fractured elbow, small tear in my lower tricep, slight dislocation in my shoulder. I'm confined to just a sling for a couple more weeks.

I'm back to shaving left handed it is not 100% like I used to be able and I'm using my right hand in some areas..

Thank you everyone for encouragement and well wishes.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I'm progressing. The last Dr's visit revealed a fractured elbow, small tear in my lower tricep, slight dislocation in my shoulder. I'm confined to just a sling for a couple more weeks.

I'm back to shaving left handed it is not 100% like I used to be able and I'm using my right hand in some areas..

Thank you everyone for encouragement and well wishes.
Good to hear. You'll be fit as a fiddle before you know it!

Adam

Been there, done that. Hurt like the dickens. I also broke my elbow on my dominant side (right).

Had surgery to piece it all back together. I still can't fully extend my right arm. Pain meds were awesome, though.

Get healed up quick !!!...Usually these breaks teach you to slow down and be more observant.Go with a cheap electric if you don't want a beard,I know that's what I would do,then you at least get the pleasure of aftershaves !!...good luck !

Sending my prayers as well. Another suggestion on the shave, treat yourself to an old fashioned barber. It will give you a new experience and meet someone new, plus give you sort of a therapeutic treatment to ease your mind from the unfortunate turn of life events.

Sending my prayers as well. Another suggestion on the shave, treat yourself to an old fashioned barber. It will give you a new experience and meet someone new, plus give you sort of a therapeutic treatment to ease your mind from the unfortunate turn of life events.

Now that is a great way to make "lemonade".:thumbup1:

Top Bottom