What's new

Treet Blade Question

I was on a vendor site and noticed Treet blades on sale. I have used the "Black Beauties" and like them. A fine 2 shave blade for me.

But they also had ones call Treet "New Steel" and Treet "Silver".

Anyone know anything about these? Are they new models or just renamed blades?

Going to be using them in the upcoming days and will report back.

Thanks in advance and enjoy those shaves.

They are different blade. Stainless so they won't rust like the black beauties. Both decent shavers though. Let us know your opinion.

The Treet Silver is also a carbon blade. If you like the Black Beauty you might like the Silver as well. They seem like they might be closer to the coated carbon Treet Durasharp than the black blades though.

The New Steel are stainless blades. The few I had to sample were okay, but I won't be hunting down more.

Thanks for the info folks. I'll be trying them in the next couple weeks and will report back

Started with the "New Steel" blade for today's shave and put it in my Weber DLC. Felt comfortable and smooth and gave a fine shave with no problems. Not the sharpest I've ever used but still quite effective. Will try it out in various razors this week and see how it does and how long it lasts. I normally use a blade for 3 shaves so we'll see how things go

Tried the New Steel blade in a Gillette New razor today. It didn't go so well as the shave was not as comfortable or close. Don't know if it's the razor/blade combo or the blade is a one use type. Will try it in another razor tomorrow and let ya know

Moved the blade to a Parker 94r. The blade is done since I got some pulling/tugging but the shave ended up nice just not smooth like I wanted. Think I'll try another in a couple of other razors before moving on to a different one of the Treet trio I have

Please keep us posted! The few Treet options I tried did not work well for me. But these blades may be worth visiting again.

Love the feel of the Black Beauties for 2-3 shaves at most. They either rust or dull quicker than my stainless blades.. They're insanely cheap at Italian Barber for whatever reason..

Tried another "New Steel" blade and it wasn't good. That's 2 tries and 2 fails. Well, the first blade worked well in my Weber but not in any other razor.

Got a load of pulling and tugging along with no stubble reduction on the first pass with this blade. It sucked. Changed razor/blade to get a nice shave

I can not recommend these blades to anyone.

I'll be trying the "Silver" blades next week and will report back. Need to give my face a break

Last edited:
Tried another "New Steel" blade and it wasn't good. That's 2 tries and 2 fails. Well, the first blade worked well in my Weber but not in any other razor.

Got a load of pulling and tugging along with no stubble reduction on the first pass with this blade. It sucked. Changed razor/blade to get a nice shave

I can not recommend these blades to anyone.

I'll be trying the "Silver" blades next week and will report back. Need to give my face a break

I hear ya.! Even though the Treet Platinum X5 shaves was OK for me & the Treet carbon black got me 2 nice shaves I will not be ordering any more.:thumbdown

New Steel is their economy blade and not very good...Treet 7-Days blades are fantastic , with a true 7 days of nice shaves , Treet King blades are also very smooth and sharp....Treet has a massive line-up :http://postimg.org/gallery/1mh0p01zg/

I checked out the link and WOW! Treet does have a large line up of blades. If the King and 7 Day shave as good as the packaging, we would be in for a Treet. I'll have to look for the King and 7 Day, I'm curious.

I use the Treet black beauties occasionally....

I purchased 100 awhile back just for the hell of it.

Not very sharp for my beard but I can manage 2 shaves apiece from them.

The post shave feel from them is awesome...

Their appearance is cool too!

Egypt & Turkish & Indian razor blades are way better than Pakistani blades IMO.:thumbup1:

I do okay with about the same number of Treets and Egyptian Lords, and zero Turkish blades. So for me the only part of that statement that is true is Indian blades being superior, because they do have a few outstanding choices.

Treet is really the only modern option for carbon steel blades. Their black blades, the Durasharps, and Silvers can all be excellent.

Top Bottom