What's new

Parker adjustable razor

none yet, I asked them on FB last night cause I was curious and here is the conversation:

Me: hi, when do you expect the adjustable razor to be released, also if its not a secret what sort of metal will it be made?

Them: We're hoping for sometime next month...And details coming soon:)

none yet, I asked them on FB last night cause I was curious and here is the conversation:

Me: hi, when do you expect the adjustable razor to be released, also if its not a secret what sort of metal will it be made?

Them: We're hoping for sometime next month...And detail coming soon:)
That sounds great! The metal will probably be brass, like their other razors. I seen the razor on insagram, and it looks like the adjustment knob is on the bottom. I've never owned a Parker razor, but in the past I've read that some of the razors had blade alignment issues and poor quality control. I hope this one is made of high standards.

That sounds great! The metal will probably be brass, like their other razors. I seen the razor on insagram, and it looks like the adjustment knob is on the bottom. I've never owned a Parker razor, but in the past I've read that some of the razors had blade alignment issues and poor quality control. I hope this one is made of high standards.
Their TTO's are all brass but not the 3 piece ones, the 3 piece razors they have the head is Zamac. We have to see how the final model will look like, if its TTO then chances are good that is all brass, but if design looks like the Merkur Progress then chances are its a Zamac head. Time will tell....

I'm an adjustable fool. I've got the Model T slated for delivery in May and I'll probably pick up this baby (as long as it is under $100).

I wont share the number but from the looks of it, the parker company used a patent that adjusts the base plate up and down the razor but leaves the blade and top plate STATIONARY. the original method of making adjustables in the 1930s.

I just found out that the razor is all brass, except the head. Its brass and Zamac, so I assume the top plate is Zamac. I'm not very fond of Zamac parts on razors. Maybe they'll put a base plate of copper down first on the Zamac prior to the Chrome.

I'm an adjustable fool. I've got the Model T slated for delivery in May and I'll probably pick up this baby (as long as it is under $100).

I'm a adjustable fool too! That's all that I use. I also am interested in the model t, but the head design looks like it would be cumbersome under the nose.

I'm a adjustable fool too! That's all that I use. I also am interested in the model t, but the head design looks like it would be cumbersome under the nose.
I've had my mustache at least 20 years. The only adjustable that's been under my nose was my super 109.

I've sworn off Parkers until the get their QA together. My last two purchases had issues with safety bar alignment on one and door alignment on another. Both were immediately relegated to the dust bin (cheaper than sending them back).

Once I'm convinced they take QA seriously, I may be interested.

I just found out that the razor is all brass, except the head. Its brass and Zamac, so I assume the top plate is Zamac. I'm not very fond of Zamac parts on razors. Maybe they'll put a base plate of copper down first on the Zamac prior to the Chrome.
I'm pretty sure they will have to put a copper base plate on Zamac. It's because Zamac has to be plated from an alkaline solution, which is easy to do with copper, but not with nickel etc. The usual procedure is to plate first with copper, from an alkaline solution, followed by nickel, with an additional top plate in chrome, gold, rhodium etc. being an option :001_smile

I've sworn off Parkers until the get their QA together. My last two purchases had issues with safety bar alignment on one and door alignment on another. Both were immediately relegated to the dust bin (cheaper than sending them back).

Once I'm convinced they take QA seriously, I may be interested.

Agree. Parker open combs? Yes. Parker 97R? Yes. Parker TTOs? No thanks.

the parker design will beat the Rockwell adjustable hands down. even considering zamak parts. and I have a feeling that a top plate from another razor would fit well.

I do not like the Rockwell razor people at all. Not at all.

The Rockwell Model T will beat the Parker hands down, mainly because of good quality control and superior materials. But the Parker will cost less, which is something.

Top Bottom