What's new

Taco Question - for everyone.

What do you plan on making for your next Taco adventure?

proxy.php

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
It's funny you should post that. My princess requested blackened shrimp and guacamole tacos for dinner. Couldn't be easier to prepare-

peel and devein a dozen 16-20 shrimp
marinate briefly in olive oil, S&P, garlic, smoked paprika, and chili powder
toss for 3 minutes in stupid hot carbon pan
prepare guacamole (should take less than the 3 minutes the shrimp are cooking)
serve with tortillas and ear plugs (to suppress the moans of pleasure)
makes three killer tacos

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Thinly sliced and chopped skirt steak I guess. On corn tortilla. Cilantro and onion.

Can't find a decent taco around here to save my life. Gotta make your own.

It's funny you should post that. My princess requested blackened shrimp and guacamole tacos for dinner. Couldn't be easier to prepare-

peel and devein a dozen 16-20 shrimp
marinate briefly in olive oil, S&P, garlic, smoked paprika, and chili powder
toss for 3 minutes in stupid hot carbon pan
prepare guacamole (should take less than the 3 minutes the shrimp are cooking)
serve with tortillas and ear plugs (to suppress the moans of pleasure)
makes three killer tacos

Are you trying to seduce me? It sounds like you're trying to seduce me. Shrimp tacos!?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My last taco making was an adventure. It started off with a hamburger and cheese smoked onion bomb. Re-Heat in a pan chopped and placed in a tortilla with smoked poblano's, cilantro, tomatoes, avocados and a squeeze of lime.

$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Looks delicious. I hope this thread explodes with recipes. I've never done it but I bet a flounder ceviche would be excellent in taco form! I havent been out fishing as much as I would have liked this year :bored:

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Forget those corn wafers...It all starts with a homemade corn tortilla. Maseca + agua = perfection.

Ah.... OK..... Remind me to pass should you think to invite me over to dinner sometime

proxy.php
j

It's better then it sounds..

cook it like pot roast..Peel it afterwards, slice it real thin, heat up in a pan with some grease..On the side have some sasla or other stuff to go with it..Most under appreciated meat there is..

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
It's better then it sounds..

cook it like pot roast..Peel it afterwards, slice it real thin, heat up in a pan with some grease..On the side have some sasla or other stuff to go with it..Most under appreciated meat there is..

Tongue. At a classic deli, it costs more than corned beef or pastrami. Dirt cheap at Mexican restaurants, and killer on a taco. Lengua!

My usual taco recipe is probably frowned upon. It's not authentic, or even interesting, but I love it.

1. Cook ground beef with onions, Serrano or Jalapeno peppers, and taco seasoning. (And a bit of diced tomato, on occasion.)
2. Serve on crispy yellow corn shells. (From a box. Don't judge. Lol.)
3. Layer with cheese (A Mexican blend, or just cheddar), taco sauce (typically La Victoria, or Ortega red sauce), and lots of hot sauce. (Red or green Tobasco, or whatever strikes my fancy.)
4. Serve with a side of refried beans and Mexican rice.

I don't care for lettuce, tomato, or sour cream.

Shrimp cooked on a hot grill, a little cheese, and a dab of hot sauce. Serve as a taco, or fold it over and grill to make a quesadilla. Either way, you can't lose.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Boudin grilled until teh skin is crackly. You can use a whole link or part of a link, or remove it from the skin and apply it directly to tortilla. I particularly like lobster or conch tacos. Barbacoa de cabeza. Bacon, avacado, and tomato. Fried oysters and shredded raw spinach. Leftovers. Whatevah. Anything is good folded or rolled inside a tortilla, be it flour or corn. Personally I prefer corn, especially freshly made ones.

I dont like those shell things. They are to me, most impractical. For one thing, they break and spill taco guts all over your lap. They don't taste right. They dont look right or feel right. You already need corn tortillas for making enchiladas, or masa for making them from scratch, which is exponentially better, so why buy shells, too? YMMV I guess.

Top Bottom