What's new

Wolfman Wait List

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a real bummer. I even set a reminder on my phone to alert me right before the list opened...and I pulled off a highway into a gas station to follow the link on the email to get on the list. I wound up # 130ish on the list but was happy that at some point I'd wind up with a razor I really wanted. Just really disappointed

To preserve what joy I have left in wetshaving and these forums, I'm staying clear of these lotteries from now on. They are just not worth the tsores.

Well I'm extremely disappointed as well. I've been waiting a year to finally get one. I came out super prepared. Set an alarm, cleared my schedule. I got #4. I was ecstatic to get a custom razor and not pay over $500 on eBay. I went out and told my wife how excited I was. I went on a run with a buddy and explained to him my excitement. I just got home to check B&B to hear the talk and I see I wasn't chosen and won't be getting one. Whaaat? How was his first thought not to take the first 40 names?

Also, I have never owned one of these.
Probably because the guys who just want to sell them will have bots so this actually makes sense in some ways.

Yeah I prepared for this ever since I got the e-mail notification a few days ago. Was very excited when I got on the list today at #95, but got BUMMED a few minutes later. I logged on to the Wolfman website and got lucky. Scored a WR1-DC and WRH3 handle.

Hope this razor is worth all the hype and $300 Canadian, as I think I get the best shave with my $10 Gillette Tech. I do think James should have honored the first 40 that registered and then the next 40 and so on instead of having to do it all over again in a month.

He's asking for opinions on twitter for next time, maybe if enough of those that were top 40 or top 94 express disappointment he will do something to accomodate

I've shared my opinion with him in several emails today and the common response is we're going to be doing these every month, which feels very much to me like, you got screwed this time so feel free to try again. I don't think he really cares and asking for recommendations is just to smooth it over a bit.

I've asked that he do something to help those of us out that were in the top slots and didn't get chosen but I don't get the feeling that he's interested in doing anything to make this right. Better luck next time, right.

This whole thing was a complete mess. The list was closed and opened again about four times. Blaming the high interest on a software glitch that wasn't there.

Why didn't it stay closed around the around 100 names mark when it was shut down the first time?

Sure it was more people than he wanted but why not take the first 40 from there, finish the list of the top 100 in two months instead of one, or do a lottery at that point.

Instead of closing it down and figuring it out, it was opened up again several more times they then turned it into a lottery from which only 4 of the top 40 were chosen. We were all here watching it wondering why it wasn't closed yet. Thinking, well I guess that's it, no wait it's open again, now look it's closed again, nope it's open again and on and on several more times. We were all watching and wondering how many razors can he make in a month. The entire thing couldn't have possibly been handled more poorly.

I honestly don't care how he does it next time but I would like it that it be stated how he's going to do it up front and not change the rules in the middle of the game, because this really sucked.

His company... His razors... He makes the rules. You guys need to get over it. Either deal with it or don't, but in the end you are all just driving up the mystique! Quite brilliant honestly.

To preserve what joy I have left in wetshaving and these forums, I'm staying clear of these lotteries from now on. They are just not worth the tsores.

This. It has made my love for this hobby simply frustrating. I know he doesn't care but my view of James has certainly changed. I always hear the guy is class act, well maybe to them but not to me.

sigh I don't even want to sour grape anymore. The man was class act to many but he certainly made me feel like dirt.

I wish someone else would come along that is really good and truly needed our support. Not just the high rollers.

I've shared my opinion with him in several emails today and the common response is we're going to be doing these every month, which feels very much to me like, you got screwed this time so feel free to try again. I don't think he really cares and asking for recommendations is just to smooth it over a bit.

I've asked that he do something to help those of us out that were in the top slots and didn't get chosen but I don't get the feeling that he's interested in doing anything to make this right. Better luck next time, right.

This whole thing was a complete mess. The list was closed and opened again about four times. Blaming the high interest on a software glitch that wasn't there.

Why didn't it stay closed around the around 100 names mark when it was shut down the first time?

Sure it was more people than he wanted but why not take the first 40 from there, finish the list of the top 100 in two months instead of one, or do a lottery at that point.

Instead of closing it down and figuring it out, it was opened up again several more times they then turned it into a lottery from which only 4 of the top 40 were chosen. We were all here watching it wondering why it wasn't closed yet. Thinking, well I guess that's it, no wait it's open again, now look it's closed again, nope it's open again and on and on several more times. We were all watching and wondering how many razors can he make in a month. The entire thing couldn't have possibly been handled more poorly.

I honestly don't care how he does it next time but I would like it that it be stated how he's going to do it up front and not change the rules in the middle of the game, because this really sucked.

I doubt he will do anything to correct. I was on the June 2015 list but James said because of a 'computer glitch' I was dropped. He said to wait till he opens the list again. Nearly a year later, a significant price increase and I sign up on the list. I get spot 24, oops, a computer glitch drops me to number 168. Then James decides to pick 40 people (how many of these are resellers?) and now I am told to wait for the next list. How long? How big of a price increase?

Then he had 'stock' items available, but with his computer glitches I was not able to even get to that screen. How many of those will be on eBay or the BST's in the next few weeks?

So James, message received. You are an unscrupulous businessman, not a gentlemen. You prefer to cater to individuals that resell or flip on eBay and BST's to run the price up. I am use to working with gentlemen who happen to be businessmen like Triad, UFO, and Simpson's where their word means something. Not a person that blames the computer glitch or ask people to go to twitter.

It is not hard to fix the problem, you actually have a private list because you sent out emails separate from your subscription list, to individuals that have been waiting for over a year that have been dropped by your computer glitch. These are all first time buyers and if you check their history they are not resellers or flippers but gentlemen that will personally use your product. There is you starting point, a list that no one can complain about who is on it. That is what a gentlemen would do, while a businessman will pretend not to know what to do. Unfortunately your secret list, the computer glitches that drop first time buyers in favor of those that have purchased and sold 3 or 4 razors, leaves a negative impression on potential buyers.

Sorry for the long response but like many of you I have a bitter taste in my mouth from how this waiting list was done. I thought James was a gentlemen but now I see it was a scam just to raise prices from an unscrupulous businessman.

I wonder how many people who on the list with a number greater that #40 and were 'randomly selected' - are repeat customers and friends of James? I mean - it's his business and he can certainly run it in any way he wants ... and he will. But this whole process stinks of not having the least bit of fairness - I will see how he runs the list next time. If it appears to be fair, I will try again. If it is some sort of lottery, I'll increase you-all's odds by not being in it.
It's one thing to jump through all sorts of hoops to get a great deal, but this is one of the highest priced razors on the market - and after all the hype and hoopla - it is (after all) just a razor.

This sucks I was #6. I suspect that there was nothing wrong with waitlistr other than James doesn't understand how it works. Computers work in real time to the maybe 1/100000 of a second. So of the first 96 people who hit the button immediately 8 got picked randomly, the rest got screwed out of their spots.

I'd have appreciated it if he'd contacted waitlistr to see if they actually experienced a problem instead of changing the rules after the fact.
I totally agree with you I was right behind you at number 7 and I got screwed as well. He should have taken the first 40 numbers

Yeah I prepared for this ever since I got the e-mail notification a few days ago. Was very excited when I got on the list today at #95, but got BUMMED a few minutes later. I logged on to the Wolfman website and got lucky. Scored a WR1-DC and WRH3 handle.

Hope this razor is worth all the hype and $300 Canadian, as I think I get the best shave with my $10 Gillette Tech. I do think James should have honored the first 40 that registered and then the next 40 and so on instead of having to do it all over again in a month.
+1

His company... His razors... He makes the rules. You guys need to get over it. Either deal with it or don't, but in the end you are all just driving up the mystique! Quite brilliant honestly.

Driving up the mystique?

I have a feeling that most of the guys who waited for a year, thought they were on the list and then got hosed are no longer interested in his razors. And who knows how many guys there are like me, who didn't try to get one, but had friends who did and got hosed, some for the second and third time. Meanwhile we all see what happens to these razors on eBay. It could be the best razor on the planet, clean my bathroom when I'm done with it and put itself away and I wouldn't buy one.

This. It has made my love for this hobby simply frustrating. I know he doesn't care but my view of James has certainly changed. I always hear the guy is class act, well maybe to them but not to me.

sigh I don't even want to sour grape anymore. The man was class act to many but he certainly made me feel like dirt.

I wish someone else would come along that is really good and truly needed our support. Not just the high rollers.

You might consider the Rockwell 6s. I love mine. If you do some some reading on the company history and the struggles they have had - they are a class act all the way. Their product was initially flawed but they went to great lengths to get it right and satisfy all of their customer base. I can't imagine a better razor either.

I wish he would just have a standard wait list, however long it is, so that you at least knew you were on it and at some point your name would come up. If it's 500 people long, then so be it. I'd rather know that my name would eventually come up 18 months from now then play a game each month. I'll still play the game (assuming I get the notice next time), but it sure is an annoying way to try and buy something.

This is starting to give me flashbacks to the RazoRock slants when they were first offered. I don't think these vendors are trying to intentionally do things that irritate their client base but they are small businessmen trying to be fair and get razors into the hands of those who want them rather then those who just want to resell at a profit. Alos, this seems to be a person wanting to be fair.

Please, let's avoid the personal attacks and be patient.

Last edited:
We're done here, thanks guys. Editing posts for language, WTB ads etc... I don't have time for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom