What's new

Looking for Strop Shoppe Russian Tea

Hi all, I'm pretty new to wet shaving. A couple months ago I got a sample pack with Strop Shoppe Russian Tea. I love the fragrance but when I decided to buy a puck I found out that they went out of business. Does anyone know of any vendors that still have Russian Tea in stock? Your help is greatly appreciated.

I have a feeling that most or all of the Strop Shoppe soaps have been sold. Several months ago, a few sites had some remaining stock, but I don't see any at this point.

However, I would not be surprised if another artisan tried to copy some of the outstandingly good scents such as Russian Tea and Alpine Frost.

I think your best bet is to check the Buy/Sell/Trade forum for a slightly used one. You may get lucky, but I am not sure. I have one left myself, and it is a cold dead hands type of soap, no one can have any! LOL

*** Btw, you did not mention if you are looking for the tallow, normal, etc. Keep in mind they had multiple versions when scanning for one.

Agreed, that stock was bought up a while ago and it's officially unobtainium now. Your best bet is the Buy/Sell/Trade. You'll want the SE w/tallow version as it's a lot better than the standard version. I don't think they sold a lot of the standard version though as the Special Edition and Limited Editions were a much better soap. I have full tubs of Baker Street, Black Tie and Barbershop put aside but not Russian Tea.

I have a tub (SE w/tallow) and while I really like it, would be willing to part with a bit of it (but not the whole tub).
If you are interested shoot me a pm. Maybe we can work a sample type trade?

This is a bit of shock, as they were a good company. My only Strop Shoppe product is Russian Tea and I like it.

At first I did not understand how to use this croap and was using too much soap and not enough water, but I came to understand that only a little product was needed to build lots of lather. Even though I own too many soaps to go shopping anytime soon, this was on my "buy again" list.

After websearching I came across this thread and realized my recently finished tub of Russian tea is no longer made.

Guess I will have to move onto the next soap. I guess these are the problems with liking artisan soaps.

Top Bottom