What's new

Gillette Red Tip - expected a bloody mess.

Out of curiosity, when I'm ready to take another step or two in the aggressiveness ladder, any suggestions about what would be the next couple levels in aggression? I've got a Gillette New headed my way to try the open comb style, but from what I understand, it is not overly aggressive either. Thanks!

I don't think Gillette ever made a particularly aggressive razor. But an Old might be just what you're looking for.

I have an A3 Red Tip, Aristocrat Jr, and an English HD 500.
All things being equal, I think the Red Tip is a bit more aggressive than the British versions.

"...the more people I meet, the more I like my dog..."

Picked up a Red Tip that had a lazy door with a bent arm. Following advice here (what a resource) I used my fingers and straightened the arm out. Great shaves with this razor. I bought it as a daily workhorse and it has lived up to my hopes.

I've been using my Red Tip for just a little more than six weeks. It has become my go too razor and I don't see that changing. [emoji106]1:
If you like the Redtip that much, then don't buy a 46/47 Aristocrat or 48-50 Aristocrat! The both weigh about the same as the Redtip but are noticeably smoother and just as efficient.

I absolutely love my Red Tip. It's a great razor that leaves no irritation and always delivers a first rate shave. It and my Fatboy are my 2 most favorite razors.

I absolutely love my Red Tip. It's a great razor that leaves no irritation and always delivers a first rate shave. It and my Fatboy are my 2 most favorite razors.

With any brand of blade my Red Tip leaves no irritation. I can't say that with all the other razors I have owned or tried.

I picked up a grimy Red Tip on eBay that with some cleanup turned out to be near mint and my favorite TTO razor so far. Great for face and head shaving.

My Red Tip is currently with Cap. Along with my birth year Slim and birth year Black handled SS.

I miss it, but I know when I get it back it's going to be beautiful.

I had the same worry when I bought a red tip, and had the same happy outcome. It's a great razor that I could use regularly, as opposed to my Gillette Super Speed Black Handle that I'm not a fan of.

I like my Red Tip, to me it's like my old red pickup. Comfortable, reliable but racy enough on a daily basis.

proxy.php

Did a two pass shave this morning using my Red Tip loaded with an Astra blade. Started the shave with Arko soap and finished it off with Clubman aftershave.

Sweet!:001_smile

I use my redtip rocket 9 out of 10 shaves. A bit bigger bladegap on british ones but no big difference in shaving BUT! I find my brits rattle less compared to US TTO's. And of course, no risk for loosing endcaps! :)

Top Bottom