What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

late 40s tech in the Cubano theme from Delta Echo Razor Works
looks like I got a sample of Barnacle Bob
yar har har
proxy.php

It looks unique, what is the plating?

I'm back tracking a bit. A couple weeks ago I got fed up with my electric shaver and decided it was time to go old school. Never one to proceed slowly I did my research and determined the razor that interested me the most The Merkur 34c HD came out as top dog. To simplify life I next searched for a nice kit with the 34c and before long found this one by GBS on Amazon . . .
proxy.php

I had also researched blades and added to the same order 100 ASTRA SP. A bottle of Aqua Velva picked up locally and I was ready to take the plunge. My last experience wit DE was my first razor, a hand me down from my father that came with no instructions . . . from dad or otherwise. That thing scared the devil out of this 15 year old but me and my peach fuzz survived till I could find some thing more user friendly.

The years have been kind and with steady hands I was able to adapt with minimum blood lose, maybe a couple little nicks per shave. I love the 34c with the ASTRA blades, OMG, they are SHARP and not for the faint of heart, I am getting the best shaves of my life. The kit by GBS is well made, the stand well weighted and sturdy. I thought the bowl a bit small but have stuck with it and now find I like it. I have also gotten to like the GBS Ocean Driftwood soap, while not an expensive artisan soap it has a pleasant slight fragrance and lathers up fairly quickly to form peaks. If left to sit for a minute or two it get very creamy and has amazing glide. I do three passes with one brush full and for a little clean up just have to slash a little water on m y face and the glide is still there. I like it well enough to order more.

On Amazon again I found 3 pucks for $11.88 prime, less than $4 a puck! They arrived today . . .
proxy.php

I had a couple from a previous order so now have 8 new pucks and think I will be safe for a little wile. OH, the 8oz. St. John's Bay Rum was a little gift to myself just to cheer me up if I should need it. I had a bottle given to me when I was young and my best and oldest friends dad used it daily so there is a bit of nostalgia going on there. It doesn't disappoint.

Today was also delivery day of my new shaving platform, it will help greatly with smoother and better shaves. It was made about half an inch longer to I can get under my right jaw better . . .
proxy.php

It is a beauty . . .
proxy.php

. . . from stem to stern . . .
proxy.php

Note the well ventilated shoes to keep my feet cool in our Florida heat. Yup, I said 'feet', if the left foot is hot and sweaty the right will feel the same, phantom sensations are just weird! LOL. The old, well worn and broken in denim Levi's shirt is a $4 treasure found at Goodwill. :)

It was a good day,

Blair
Was your hand me down razor vintage?

It has a clean manly smell, my wife chose it for me on smell alone, so I trust her judgment. This is my first shave soap, so I have nothing to compare it to except for the famous or infamous "Shave" cream that is available here in AUS. The scent reminds me of my Grandfathers bathroom, but at $2.50AUD who can complain.

Sweet! What is the knot size?
Knot: 22mm
Loft: 46mm
Height: 96mm
$Omega-10015-A.jpg

I Have a 10065 and it is a 25mm knot with a loft of 52mm. I seem to prefer the smaller Omega's right now. I really like the handle on this one.
I have the S10065 S-Brush, and yes, the 10065 handle's great.

Obviously the handle (as well as everything else) on the 10015 is smaller. It felt a little unusual at first, but I think it will be fine (once I start to use it). The groove in the colored part appears to be made for the middle finger to slot in.

UPS just stopped by to pick up and deliver. This is what he delivered:$20160928_130925.jpg

Parker 99r Razor with 5 Shark Super Chrome blades and an Omega 49 Boar brush in white. Here's the razor and brush with a $5 bill to give you an idea of the size of them:
$20160928_130505.jpg
$20160928_130505.jpg
Looking forward to trying them out tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom