What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Both delivered today:

After 21 days from Russia to Spain
http://www.ebay.es/itm/262486881217?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
proxy.php

I'll try one out in my Rapira Platinum Lux "Tech Clone" tomorrow

After 19 days from USA to Spain
http://www.ebay.es/itm/381749933100?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
proxy.php

I couldn't resist a quick splash, first of all the scent reminded be of Turkish Delight, then after a couple of minutes it reminded me of Rootbeer or Bubblugum - either way I quite like it.
I doctored it with a couple of menthol crystals, so this will be a good replacement for the bottle of Proraso Green Splash I emptied last week, besides Skin Bracer is...
Twice the size of Proraso
Half the cost of Proraso
Smells twice as good as Proraso

What's not to like :thumbup:
how was clone tech?

Canada Post tracking says it's arrived. Whee!
I go to the convenience store where our mailbox is.
Mailbox is empty, no card.
I say to clerk "[yadda-yadda] tracking [yadda-yadda mailbox empty]".
Clerk sez "what's your name?" - "John Rose" - "It's here. He just didn't sort the mail into the mailboxes yet."
I get box. Yay!

Contents: A restored Rubberset Barbershop brush, fitted with a Tuxedo synthetic knot, all from APShaveCo on Etsy.

Each strand is a bit wavy, thins out at the end, then the last 2 mm curl over slightly.
Dry, it feels like a puff of air on your cheek, but still has some backbone. When you tap it sideways, the knot jiggles like Jello.
Can't wait to shave with it.
Yada Yada Yada. ...nice looking brush. ..how was it?

Last edited by a moderator:
That Rocnel is badazz....did you get blades for it?

The model P uses half of a DE blade. I have an Astra SP in it right now. It is a great razor at a great price. There is one thing t be aware of if you buy this razor. It leaves the corners of the blade exposed, so you might need to do some skin stretching in order to avoid getting bitten by the corners.

Ok so today I opened, I Tabac soap in a bowl, I Tabac aftershave, 2 Tabac EDT, 1 tube L Occitan Cade shaving cream, 1 Tube L Occitan Cade aftershave balm, 2 packs feather professional blades, 1 omega s brush, 1 next no58 aftershave, 1 next copper our aftershave and 1 Dr Lillium one of a kind shave soap that was created as a one off for a competition.

late 40s tech in the Cubano theme from Delta Echo Razor Works
looks like I got a sample of Barnacle Bob
yar har har
proxy.php

I'm back tracking a bit. A couple weeks ago I got fed up with my electric shaver and decided it was time to go old school. Never one to proceed slowly I did my research and determined the razor that interested me the most The Merkur 34c HD came out as top dog. To simplify life I next searched for a nice kit with the 34c and before long found this one by GBS on Amazon . . .
proxy.php

I had also researched blades and added to the same order 100 ASTRA SP. A bottle of Aqua Velva picked up locally and I was ready to take the plunge. My last experience wit DE was my first razor, a hand me down from my father that came with no instructions . . . from dad or otherwise. That thing scared the devil out of this 15 year old but me and my peach fuzz survived till I could find some thing more user friendly.

The years have been kind and with steady hands I was able to adapt with minimum blood lose, maybe a couple little nicks per shave. I love the 34c with the ASTRA blades, OMG, they are SHARP and not for the faint of heart, I am getting the best shaves of my life. The kit by GBS is well made, the stand well weighted and sturdy. I thought the bowl a bit small but have stuck with it and now find I like it. I have also gotten to like the GBS Ocean Driftwood soap, while not an expensive artisan soap it has a pleasant slight fragrance and lathers up fairly quickly to form peaks. If left to sit for a minute or two it get very creamy and has amazing glide. I do three passes with one brush full and for a little clean up just have to slash a little water on m y face and the glide is still there. I like it well enough to order more.

On Amazon again I found 3 pucks for $11.88 prime, less than $4 a puck! They arrived today . . .
proxy.php

I had a couple from a previous order so now have 8 new pucks and think I will be safe for a little wile. OH, the 8oz. St. John's Bay Rum was a little gift to myself just to cheer me up if I should need it. I had a bottle given to me when I was young and my best and oldest friends dad used it daily so there is a bit of nostalgia going on there. It doesn't disappoint.

Today was also delivery day of my new shaving platform, it will help greatly with smoother and better shaves. It was made about half an inch longer to I can get under my right jaw better . . .
proxy.php

It is a beauty . . .
proxy.php

. . . from stem to stern . . .
proxy.php

Note the well ventilated shoes to keep my feet cool in our Florida heat. Yup, I said 'feet', if the left foot is hot and sweaty the right will feel the same, phantom sensations are just weird! LOL. The old, well worn and broken in denim Levi's shirt is a $4 treasure found at Goodwill. :)

It was a good day,

Blair

Loved being apart of the Seasonal Scent crew this year, Soap Commander..Fall Edition..I will be signing up again in November...
proxy.php

proxy.php

@Gator Bait that's a beautiful leg!

Thanks golem, that takes a little getting used to hearing. :laugh:

These things are always a work in progress. The foot and ankle I have had for a few moths. On the back of the ankle is a small 3/32" set screw adjustment where I can adjust the stiffness in the flex of the ankle. It makes walking much more comfortable but set it to light and you don't have the resistance to catch your balance, to tight and it works against you.. All new legs take getting used to and will need adjustments almost weekly for a little while. This is not considered a fancy leg, a friend has a fancy electronic leg that costs over $70,000.00 :blink:

Blair

The model P uses half of a DE blade. I have an Astra SP in it right now. It is a great razor at a great price. There is one thing t be aware of if you buy this razor. It leaves the corners of the blade exposed, so you might need to do some skin stretching in order to avoid getting bitten by the corners.
can you cut off the corners?

Ok so today I opened, I Tabac soap in a bowl, I Tabac aftershave, 2 Tabac EDT, 1 tube L Occitan Cade shaving cream, 1 Tube L Occitan Cade aftershave balm, 2 packs feather professional blades, 1 omega s brush, 1 next no58 aftershave, 1 next copper our aftershave and 1 Dr Lillium one of a kind shave soap that was created as a one off for a competition.
This sounds Aswome. ...but no pics? :tongue_sm

Top Bottom