What's new

Feather custom razor / another shavette

Hi,

Tonight i shaved with this little guy.
proxy.php

It feels like a shavette as it s very light but the blade is quite stiff and long the experience feels close to a 4/8. Very manoeuvrable.

The blade is very sharp like any feather i guess. I got a very nice shave. Maybe a good razor to take on travel ?

Has anyone else tried this ?

Fasa

Sent from Mars

I think I've seen these razors (or very similar to) on Amazon Japan, but never got round to buying one. Are those the hair shaper blades?

I have used those blades as a replacement for Wecks in some of my razors. The back is slightly thinner than the Weck and so some caution need to be used. The blade is for a hair shaper and is extremely sharp for the first couple of shaves, but does not last as long as the Weck/Personna blades. I have not used that particular shavette, but it does appear to be very similar to the Weck Sextoblades or Weck Hair Shapers with plastic scales which I prefer over the ones with the folded stainless steel scales. Should give you an extremely good shave.

I think I've seen these razors (or very similar to) on Amazon Japan, but never got round to buying one. Are those the hair shaper blades?
They are feather cut special platinum coated. Hence think they could shave

I have used those blades as a replacement for Wecks in some of my razors. The back is slightly thinner than the Weck and so some caution need to be used. The blade is for a hair shaper and is extremely sharp for the first couple of shaves, but does not last as long as the Weck/Personna blades. I have not used that particular shavette, but it does appear to be very similar to the Weck Sextoblades or Weck Hair Shapers with plastic scales which I prefer over the ones with the folded stainless steel scales. Should give you an extremely good shave.

Yeah the first shave was quite nice. It s quite different from mx

I wonder if they are stainless steel as my started to rust
proxy.php

Sent from Mars

They are feather cut special platinum coated. Hence think they could shave

Yeah the first shave was quite nice. It s quite different from mx

I wonder if they are stainless steel as my started to rust
proxy.php

Sent from Mars

The color of the blade is not a shiny silver which would indicate stainless steel but rather a dull metallic grey color and so I won't be surprised if it is carbon steel. I must admit though that I have not seen that much rust on one of those blades so soon. In fact, none of my blades have rusted yet and I kept them unprotected in my bathroom in Hawaii a while back. Still a good shave.

Second shave was great except for 1 cut i think i prefer bigger and heavier razor ...

Sent from Mars

Last edited:
The color of the blade is not a shiny silver which would indicate stainless steel but rather a dull metallic grey color and so I won't be surprised if it is carbon steel. I must admit though that I have not seen that much rust on one of those blades so soon. In fact, none of my blades have rusted yet and I kept them unprotected in my bathroom in Hawaii a while back. Still a good shave.

Britain is a very humid country my friend ... It did rust but after the second shave i dried the blade and it looks fine.

The carbon blade would explain the extreme sharpness?

Sent from Mars

Thanks to [MENTION=69514]fasa[/MENTION] I now have this very razor and like it a lot.
I prised the sides of the head ever so slightly wider to take a standard Personna hair shaper and it's perfect.
Feather are good at a lot of things and ergonomics is one of them - this razor feels great in the hand.
So is this a current Feather production model?

Not sure. Amazon has them as a hair shaper blade, but explains nothing about the dimensions or anything. 820 yen for 20 blades though, so pretty cheap. Unlike the Plier razor, which is about 4 times the cost of the Feather custom from earlier in this thread.

Where can you order one of these Feather Custom Razors? I've seen some on Australian websites (most of which won't ship to the U.S.), and I've seen it on Amazon's Japanese website. Is there a simple way to get one of these delivered to the United States?

Thanks!

-- Sammy

Where can you order one of these Feather Custom Razors? I've seen some on Australian websites (most of which won't ship to the U.S.), and I've seen it on Amazon's Japanese website. Is there a simple way to get one of these delivered to the United States?

Thanks!

-- Sammy
Possibly on Rakuten global market.

Top Bottom