What's new

Aftershave Pass Box

I tried out The Veg this morning. I have had a bottle in the past, but not for a while. I remember not liking it very much so I never bought it again. I do have a vintage bottle that I love in my rotation, so I wanted to compare. The new stuff from the sample comes on a lot stronger that the vintage stuff. Same (GREAT :thumbup:) scent, but a little overwhelming until it dries down. The vintage stuff is much mellower. I don't know if that's the age, or if the formula has changed over the years. I have no idea how old the bottle is that I have. The sample I used today has only been in the glass for a few days and I know that can make a difference too.

Anyway, I think I can live with the new stuff when my vintage runs out.

I delivered the box to Greg (Gallen1119) this morning on my way to work. Turns out our workplaces are about a mile apart.

Excellent, Thanks!

I tried out The Veg this morning. I have had a bottle in the past, but not for a while. I remember not liking it very much so I never bought it again. I do have a vintage bottle that I love in my rotation, so I wanted to compare. The new stuff from the sample comes on a lot stronger that the vintage stuff. Same (GREAT :thumbup:) scent, but a little overwhelming until it dries down. The vintage stuff is much mellower. I don't know if that's the age, or if the formula has changed over the years. I have no idea how old the bottle is that I have. The sample I used today has only been in the glass for a few days and I know that can make a difference too.

Anyway, I think I can live with the new stuff when my vintage runs out.
Your assessment of the vintage vs new VEG is pretty much spot on with mine. Same great scent, the vintage is just mellower and a tad softer and seemingly more refined. It's for that reason that I use primarily the modern, and save my vintage for special occasions. Of course, I have 3 bottles of vintage, so probably a lifetime supply regardless.

You ever have a shave that for some reason just went so wonderful. You didn't do anything different but for some reason this one just clicked? The lather was perfect and the razor just seem to glide over your face.
I had that happen this morning. One of the top 3 shaves that I've had since I started this adventure about 10 months ago.
I've been faceturbating all day. :wink: Nothing special Pre shave was normal shower and hot towel, BYR (Birth Year Razor) Gillette Slim Adjustable set on 6 with a Persona Med Prep blade, Omega S-Brush S10019, Proraso Green Shave Cream, Clay Dog Schuttle, after the 1st pass I said you know I could stop here and have a closer shave than I ever had with the electric. 2 more passes and BBS for sure!
Applied the alum block and witch hazel, then splashed on the Proraso Green After Shave. I like the scent of this aftershave, but it was kinda light. The menthol wasn't over powering at all. Just about the max amount I could stand before I would have said I didn't like it due to the Menthol. Left my already wonderful feeling face even more wonderful feeling. :thumbup1: to Proraso Green After Shave!

You ever have a shave that for some reason just went so wonderful. You didn't do anything different but for some reason this one just clicked? The lather was perfect and the razor just seem to glide over your face.
I had that happen this morning. One of the top 3 shaves that I've had since I started this adventure about 10 months ago.
I've been faceturbating all day. :wink: Nothing special Pre shave was normal shower and hot towel, BYR (Birth Year Razor) Gillette Slim Adjustable set on 6 with a Persona Med Prep blade, Omega S-Brush S10019, Proraso Green Shave Cream, Clay Dog Schuttle, after the 1st pass I said you know I could stop here and have a closer shave than I ever had with the electric. 2 more passes and BBS for sure!
Applied the alum block and witch hazel, then splashed on the Proraso Green After Shave. I like the scent of this aftershave, but it was kinda light. The menthol wasn't over powering at all. Just about the max amount I could stand before I would have said I didn't like it due to the Menthol. Left my already wonderful feeling face even more wonderful feeling. :thumbup1: to Proraso Green After Shave!

If I let my whiskers grow out for 4 or 5 days I always get shaves like that. No matter what razor and soap I use it feels like I'm just wiping the hair off my face with no irritation or weepers for a perfect BBS.

I usually dislike shaving daily but have been forcing myself to as I have many (large) soap samples I'm trying to work through and only one mug to do it in. My skin seems to be adapting to the daily shaving and it's getting a lot better.

Excellent, Thanks!

Your assessment of the vintage vs new VEG is pretty much spot on with mine. Same great scent, the vintage is just mellower and a tad softer and seemingly more refined. It's for that reason that I use primarily the modern, and save my vintage for special occasions. Of course, I have 3 bottles of vintage, so probably a lifetime supply regardless.

I have one of those big bottles of the vintage that is probably 2/3 full. I expect it will last quite a while, but I should probably get some new stuff to make the vintage last even longer.

Box received. Thanks for the personal delivery from [MENTION=104921]Doug57[/MENTION]! Just got home from work and cracked it open. Sniffed a few. First sniff of the Veg and I am not sure I have been chosen. SWMBO definately didn't like it. Will go full on with her tomorrow am. Should be an "interesting" day for sure. Will decant tomorrow or Friday and try to have the box in the mail back to [MENTION=29515]TheVez2[/MENTION] by Saturday am. This took a while to get around to me, but I am excited. I'll post some first impressions, and the results of my AM hookup, shortly. Wish me luck. I hope we hit it off, but I am worried.

A little off topic here, but I figured this thread has more experience shipping fragrance than any one place.
Can you let me know the way you have to go about shipping your pass box, and what the approximate cost is?

I'm sending someone a bottle of fine aftershave. I know USPS requires ground shipping. I've just looked at parcel select ground on PayPal shipping and it's quoting $56. That seems insane. It will go coast to coast though...so maybe there just isn't a good way? Or is parcel select ground not the appropriate ground shipping type? I'll be going to my post office later - but I know depending on who I speak to I may get different answers. I think this group like can give me a better answer!!

Thanks so much.

A little off topic here, but I figured this thread has more experience shipping fragrance than any one place.
Can you let me know the way you have to go about shipping your pass box, and what the approximate cost is?

I'm sending someone a bottle of fine aftershave. I know USPS requires ground shipping. I've just looked at parcel select ground on PayPal shipping and it's quoting $56. That seems insane. It will go coast to coast though...so maybe there just isn't a good way? Or is parcel select ground not the appropriate ground shipping type? I'll be going to my post office later - but I know depending on who I speak to I may get different answers. I think this group like can give me a better answer!!

Thanks so much.

At that price you are much better off just buying a bottle of the aftershave from a retailer and having them ship it to your buddy. I just had some Fine After Shave sent to me a couple of weeks ago and it came from California sent to Louisiana. Cost of product and free shipping. Even if you purchase from a place that charges shipping, you are only looking at $5-$10 dollars extra.

This has to be the one of the best conducted pass arounds I have seen...and the quickest to! Congrats to KJ [MENTION=29515]TheVez2[/MENTION] for kicking this off and keeping it going!

Yeah this pass box went really well and the organization of made it go really quite quickly.
Unfortunately the Christmas in July derailed pretty early but ya never what's going to happen.

This has to be the one of the best conducted pass arounds I have seen...and the quickest to! Congrats to KJ @TheVez2 for kicking this off and keeping it going!

Thanks, but most of the thanks go to those involved in this pass. Once it got moving I was very much hands off. You all kept this moving without need for intervention, and I thank you all for that!

I applied the Aqua Velva Original Sport this morning. I like the scent, but I can't quite put my finger on what it smells like. The menthol was definitely there but not too much. It left my face feeling great. :thumbup1:

Hmm, I seem to have a strong desire to try new things and experience variety. Whether I use a full bottle of something or a little sample once I use it up I feel like I've tried that already and ready to move on to something new.
There was a lot of great stuff in the box but now that I'm almost down to just a couple bottles I find myself eyeballing Myrsol Blue, (which I've never tried) as my next bottle more than even my favorites from the pass around.

I know I've read some good things about it, but anyone here have input on Myrsol products?

Used the 4711 this morning. I'm not real crazy about the citrus scent. But it faded pretty quick. It did leave my face feeling nice and smooth. I probably would not purchase this for myself though. :thumbdown

Used the 4711 this morning. I'm not real crazy about the citrus scent. But it faded pretty quick. It did leave my face feeling nice and smooth. I probably would not purchase this for myself though. :thumbdown

The best thing about 4711 is that it feels good and the scent does fade quickly. It is the aftershave that I use if I'm going to follow up with a cologne, because I know it's scent won't interfere.

Samples of most everything, except a couple I have already, are decanted, or in my case drawn up. Box packed and ready to go back to [MENTION=29515]TheVez2[/MENTION]. Will PM to get postal address. I've tried a couple since I had the box here.

$IMG_1696.jpg

• Proraso Green was awesome. Didn't seem to stay long, but maybe I need to use a little more. I don't use a cologne on a daily basis, so I prefer an AS that has a little staying power. May be picking this up for myself after the sample.
  • Sadly, I do not believe I was chosen. Tried The Veg yesterday. Although she was a little better after the cool down, she stuck around for several hours and wasn't entirely pleasant. The dogs and cats of my house seemed concerned. I hope she has too bad for those people around me yesterday. SWMBO said she couldn't smell her by last night. That may have been for the best. I did take a 5 ml sample and will give her another try later. Anyone have a better experience on the second date?
  • Osage Rub...not sure... Does anyone else think this smells like Listerine? Did someone sabotage the Rub? It is kind the same color.

More reviews to follow as I use the other samples. Big shout out to TheVez2 and all others who made this pass around possible!

Top Bottom