What's new

Baume.be - yay or nay?

I seem to read differing opinions on Baume.be shaving cream but they are mostly in fairly old threads.
Just wondering if today it's considered a top performing cream that's comparable to the likes of Castle Forbes, Xpec etc. I think it looks like it should be great and so am thinking maybe I should get some and perhaps their balm too. What do people reckon? Any Baume.be users here?

I also really enjoy Baume.be. I use Castle Forbes, XPEC, Meissner Tremonia shaving paste and Wm Neumann as my other go-to's. Wm Neumann is my favorite cream, but Baume.be is very good.

Baume.be is a great cream one of the best out there. My favorite and I own over 50 vegan soaps. Right up there with Nuavia even though it is a soap.

Thanks guys. Ok sounds positive. I'll order both the cream and after shave balm today then.
...of course I don't need another cream at all :001_rolle

Ditto on the love for Baume.be. Scent is somewhat different so takes a bit to get used to, but just a small amount on your brush creates a great lather and the cushion/slickness is the best I've experienced.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have both Salter and Baume.be. Salter is nice, and similar to TOBS (but a step up). Baume.be is a level above both, in my book, due to it's consistency, lather ability and face feel, both during and after the shave.

Many thanks. You are fueling my first foray into the world of luxury creams!

Many thanks. You are fueling my first foray into the world of luxury creams!

We are here to enable! :lol: You will love high end creams! You'll find that they rival high end soaps nicely but many will notice they perform a bit differently with more cushion but amazing slickness as well.

It is quite slick and concentrated, it also comes in a heavy black glass Infinity jar. The same jar cost $15 each on Amazon. It's supposed to provide great protection from UV light and preserves whatever you have inside longer.

It's the best container that I have found when it comes to shaving creams. I don't dip my brush inside the container and use a little scoop to get the product out.

There are much more expensive creams out there that performs well but use a cheap plastic container, the infinity jar is not just for aesthetics but actually provides a functional purpose of protecting the cream.

I've got my Baume.be shaving cream and balm now. Just tried them out this evening. Very nice stuff and performs as good as people have been saying. Its consistency and high concentration is extremely similar to a new shaving cream I've got recently from The Executive Shaving Company here in the UK, simply called Natural Shaving Cream.
As [MENTION=93213]Jopete[/MENTION] above says the black glass jar is extremely nice, solid and heavy. Even the Aftershave Balm bottle is the same black glass.
The only thing that I'm a little disappointed and rather surprised about considering the effort involved in making a product specifically for sensitive skin is the added parfum which seems decidedly artificial with its aqua type scent. I'd much prefer to just have the natural ingredients scent left alone. It's particularly noticeable in the balm. Don't get me wrong it's not unpleasant it's just that these sort of added parfum are usually the common cause for skin irritation, the very thing this cream was made to combat. Maybe I'm worrying needlessly.

I have to say after my concerns of a negative affect regarding the added parfum, the Baume.be after shave balm has been a revelation! Seriously soothes and calms my skin. Been using it even after using a shaving soap or cream other than Baume.be. Great stuff.

I have to say after my concerns of a negative affect regarding the added parfum, the Baume.be after shave balm has been a revelation! Seriously soothes and calms my skin. Been using it even after using a shaving soap or cream other than Baume.be. Great stuff.
It is one of the premier creams in the market and is priced well below others that perform comparably e.g. Xpec, CF, and SMN.

Top Bottom