What's new

What is your favorite RazoRock Plissoft brush and why?

I have a barber and Bruce handle, I slightly prefer the barber handle. I like longer handles. I did ask my wife for the big Bruce and Hulk brush for my birthday too.
"Shaving with Rich" did a entertaining review on the Razorock Hulk and that thing looked YUUUUGE!!! It covered one side of his face!! Since switching from my budget badger to the Razorock Bruce, I'm having to relearn how to lather. I could just imaging switching up to the Hulk.

I just received the HULK! I picked it up more for the novelty and at just $24.99, it wasn't a big investment (or was it? :laugh:). I only have 2 shaves on it so far but am very impressed. It is surprisingly comfortable in the hand, despite its massive size, lathers up fast without needing any more soap/cream then any other smaller brush. With that 34mm knot, I can lather up my face super fast. The only down side I see is it takes a little longer to rinse out at the end of the shave. At fist glance, it may seam kind of silly and impractical, but it's really a surprisingly functional and fun brush to use! Plus, it sure does look cool on the shelf with my other brushes! My Simpson 'Wee Scot' can practically fit inside the HULK's knot and disapear!

Cheers....ISTIA

To my surprise, I find myself reaching for the Disrupter most often. I find the 22 mm knot is perfect for face lathering, and easily holds the right amount of lather for a 3 pass shave. My second favorite is the 24mm with the barber pole. For face lathering, I find the 26mm a bit bigger than I need. If I can convince myself that I need yet another Plissoft brush, I may get the Bruce because that handle does look comfortable.

I just got in the 24mm bruce handle I ordered. Holy h-e-double hockey sticks is this thing soft. This thing makes kitten fur feel harsh, I'm absolutely blown away!!

Y'all were right that high glue bump gives it great backbone and it face lathered beautifully. For $9 dollars, unreal! I'll buy all of them eventually, heck I'd even buy the Italian one and I'm 100% scotch-Irish.

I just got in the 24mm bruce handle I ordered. Holy h-e-double hockey sticks is this thing soft. This thing makes kitten fur feel harsh, I'm absolutely blown away!!

Y'all were right that high glue bump gives it great backbone and it face lathered beautifully. For $9 dollars, unreal! I'll buy all of them eventually, heck I'd even buy the Italian one and I'm 100% scotch-Irish.

hahaha i however... just bought all of them, except the hulk. And my bank account is only crying a little bit.

I live in a very rural area, wet shaving options are basic. I bought the best brush Walmart had, the only brush it had. I learned to make lather out of Williams with it this spring and summer. Graduated to Arko.

I picked up the Monster this morning at the post office.
Made lather with Williams and the Monster but it seemed thin and I washed it all down the drain.

Used the Monster with Arko to face lather. It seemed harder to make the drifts of lather I'm used to with Arko. But the shave was excellent with the Fat Boy. Closer. Was it The Monster and creamier Arko lather? I think I'll like the Monster. Super soft.

Thanks for the thread, it's helped this noob.
proxy.php

Last edited:
I have the Bruce and Big Bruce. I love both but if I had to choose I would say Big Bruce. If I had found these before I bought badger brushes I might not have got them. I'm thinking of selling them.

I live in a very rural area, wet shaving options are basic. I bought the best brush Walmart had, the only brush it had. I learned to make lather out of Williams with it this spring and summer. Graduated to Arko.

I picked up the Monster this morning at the post office.
Made lather with Williams and the Monster but it seemed thin and I washed it all down the drain.

Used the Monster with Arko to face lather. It seemed harder to make the drifts of lather I'm used to with Arko. But the shave was excellent with the Fat Boy. Closer. Was it The Monster and creamier Arko lather? I think I'll like the Monster. Super soft.

Thanks for the thread, it's helped this noob.
If you're still interested in learning about Synthetics, check out this thread,
about the current Synthetic Brush pass-around.
9 different brushes are being reviewed by 14 different members.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/497332-Synthetic-Shaving-Brush-Pass-Around

Last edited:
I'm replacing the standard Barber handle with a more finely turned version and upgraded rod stock. I've had several Plissofts but this one is exceptional; as soon as I opened the box I knew the knot was destined for greater things.

Top Bottom