• Chicken

• Pork Chops or Pork Loin

• Casserole Dishes

• Desserts

• Salads

Results are only viewable after voting.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The August Cookout will take place from 8-6 to 8-14. The Theme is both Seafood & Vegetarian.

Good cooking.

Last edited:

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I voted salad, but really any of them that don't involve having to use the oven would be good.

Salads, Desserts, Pork Chops or Pork Loin, Chicken, Eggs, Vegetarian, Seafood...

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I voted salad, but really any of them that don't involve having to use the oven would be good.

Salads, Desserts, Pork Chops or Pork Loin, Chicken, Eggs, Vegetarian, Seafood...

I like the salad or vegetarian option too. Anything light and cool. Seafood is nice in the summer. A cold shrimp cocktail or oysters on the half shell.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I guess that bagels are off the list.....

But... but.... You could always go to your favorite bagel shop and get some bagels to go with your salad.. or seafood.. or pork chops.. or eggs.. or chicken.. or vegetarian dish... or a

Bagel Berry Trifle for dessert! :w00t:

proxy.php

But... but.... You could always go to your favorite bagel shop and get some bagels to go with your salad.. or seafood.. or pork chops.. or eggs.. or chicken.. or vegetarian dish... or a

Bagel Berry Trifle for dessert! :w00t:

proxy.php
I can change your vote, if you like! ;)

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I voted seafood. I've been contemplating smoking some salmon and possibly some oysters.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I voted seafood. I've been contemplating smoking some salmon and possibly some oysters.

Nice. I watched Steven Raichlen smoke some salmon on last weeks episode. It was a cold smoke and his results were fantastic. He marinated them over night in sonething, don't remember what though.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
DoctorShavegood said:
Nice. I watched Steven Raichlen smoke some salmon on last weeks episode. It was a cold smoke and his results were fantastic. He marinated them over night in sonething, don't remember what though.

Most of my experience with Salmon has been the Cedar Plank over a bed of coals type. Turns out wonderful but since I recently bought a smoker after being without one for about 6 years I'm all about the smoke now. So much so that I will shave with Stirling "Texas on Fire" shave soap, use "Texas on Fire" AS, drink Lagavulin, and possibly have a cigar while I'm smoking meat. :thumbup: Drives my wife absolutely crazy.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Most of my experience with Salmon has been the Cedar Plank over a bed of coals type. Turns out wonderful but since I recently bought a smoker after being without one for about 6 years I'm all about the smoke now. So much so that I will shave with Stirling "Texas on Fire" shave soap, use "Texas on Fire" AS, drink Lagavulin, and possibly have a cigar while I'm smoking meat. :thumbup: Drives my wife absolutely crazy.

Whether it's smoke from the pit or tobacco it's not a a female thing. I gave up tobacco, which made my wife very happy. Although she complains more about the pit smoke than she ever did about the tobacco.

Top Bottom