• Chicken

• Pork Chops or Pork Loin

• Casserole Dishes

• Desserts

• Salads

Results are only viewable after voting.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
It was worth a shot :biggrin: Hmmmm, what can I cook Great Northern Beans in? :lol:

Gee...... I don't have any idea. :blink:

White Bean Soup (white beans, spinach, green onions, tomatoes, and pepperoncini peppers floating in a bowl of vegetable broth)
proxy.php

Orange White Bean Salad
proxy.php

Bok Choi with Northern Beans
proxy.php

Herbed Shrimp & White Bean Salad
proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
From what I've heard...you're not a "true" vegan if you have pescado, or any type of carne in it. A REAL vegan needs to take vitamins to supply the nutrients that your body needs when you don't get meat.

Sorry Connie. :biggrin1:

Looks like my plan for the cook-off will fit right in with seafood, pescetarianism, and salads...it has all of that.

As for vegan...why do you think we have canine and incisor teeth? Even my cat has them.

Smile for the camera there Grandma...thank you. Good kitty. You can have your milk now.

proxy.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Smile for the camera there Grandma...thank you. Good kitty. You can have your milk now.

Oh, not to get off topic or anything...but before I get chided for this, I am fully aware of what regular cow's milk does to a cat's digestive system but a little bit won't hurt them. I've raised abandoned kittens (have no clue what happened to Mom) since before they had their eyes open on KMR. That's about as big a job as taking care of newborn human babies. Grandma and Cocoa get a saucer of milk they like every few days, and when I used to milk cows at Granddad's the barn cats would gather 'round and I'd squirt them in the face...they'd lick their eyebrows, and each other, to get the milk. :lol:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

I'm doing some seafood and leafy greens...how it is cooked and what it is will have to wait until the cook-off for you to find out.

From what I've heard...you're not a "true" vegan if you have pescado, or any type of carne in it. A REAL vegan needs to take vitamins to supply the nutrients that your body needs when you don't get meat.

Vegetarian and vegan are totally different approaches to diet.
Vegetarians (generally) avoid meat and meat products, but still consume milk, eggs, cheese, etc. Some eat seafood (pesci-vegetarian), some don't -- the common rule being "nothing with a 'face'."

Vegans avoid products that ever had anything to do with an animal, its byproducts or its raising. So no eggs, milk, etc.

Vegetarians, if they are aware of the nutrients they're taking in, can be healthy and nourished without vitamin supplements. Vegans cannot.

I have friends who are vegetarian -- I think they're slightly crazy :) -- but I can cook for them just fine and we have great vegetarian meals together. Vegans are a whole different concept. I can't and have no desire to cook vegan. I have nothing against vegans -- different strokes for different folks -- I just feel that when you turn your back on human physiology and evolution, you're going down a nutritional path that can't be good for you.

That said, I intend to make some delicious vegetarian dishes for the cookout!

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Nah, I may tease a bit, but I think I will call it beans with chili sauce. I don't want to get kicked out of the state :biggrin:

I need to scale back my meat consumption (due I see pitchforks and torches?) and figured this would make a decent replacement. I know when I make beans and ham hocks I can eat those for two days solid.

Top Bottom