What's new

Lawn work garb

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My typical lawn work garb is a pair of shorts, a white long sleeve UnderArmour Heat Gear shirt, UH beanie, and a safari hat with mesh sides. I probably should were pants while using the line trimmer, but the extra breeze is worth the occasional projectile to the naked calve. So, what is your get up? Yep, need a shave, and wasn't wearing the beanie in this pic.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 143

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Ever see the singing cowboy down in Time Square? Yep, that's me excepted shorter and a lot more tan. I mow with a palm leaf cowboy hat(ice cubes underneath), SPF 10,015 mixed with mosquito spray, a bandana soaked in ice water and orange ear plugs.

$image.jpeg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I've lived here since 92 and I have had 3 mosquito bites. I guess they don't like Yankee blood. I think that makes me lucky.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Just old cloths. Winter track pants, summer shorts unless I'm using the weed-eater. Foot ware is sandshoes. I always wear hearing protection so a cheap pair or earmuffs.

$DSC_0023.jpg

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Just old cloths. Winter track pants, summer shorts unless I'm using the weed-eater. Foot ware is sandshoes. I always wear hearing protection so a cheap pair or earmuffs.

+1 on the ear protection. If I'm going to lose my hearing it's going to be on loud rock n roll.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

I really need to start wearing hearing protection- it is stupid that I don't. I need to try wearing masks, too. After doing the lawn, my sinuses go crazy.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
+1 on the ear protection. If I'm going to lose my hearing it's going to be on loud rock n roll.

My thoughts exactly.

I really need to start wearing hearing protection- it is stupid that I don't. I need to try wearing masks, too. After doing the lawn, my sinuses go crazy.

Hearing protection is automatic for me now. Eye protection is also a must for the weed-eater.
I need to demote another pair of shoes down to lawn duties. The ones in the photo are now well ventilated.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
A lawn service works too. If you feel guilty you can get all dressed up in lawn mowing garb while drinking Pina Coladas in the air conditioning.

Jeans, t-shirt, safety glasses. I set the glasses down to have a smoke two weekends ago and forgot to put them back on when I went back to weed eating. Was repaid with the white of my left eye becoming blood red. I guess it will go away sooner or later. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Owen:
$Raking Leaves.jpg For yard work, I usually wear jeans, long-sleeve shirt, work boots, leather gloves and ball cap (I wear glasses and don't require
ear protection). :001_rolle

proxy.php
"I'm grateful that the lawn needs mowing...it means I have a home". Author Unknown

If the sun's out baseball cap. Glasses are necessary to see what i'm doing. T-shirt, shorts, a solid pair of demoted walking/hiking shoes. Small yard so there's no gas powered/noisy equipment and therefore no ear protection but often earbuds for neighbour avoidance, only need one bud already deaf on one side.

dave

I used to play the bar circuit on Florida's fun and space coast (5 days on 2 days off) for about a decade in the rock and roll 70's and 80's until disco put a lot of bands out to pasture.

Loud rock and roll never affected my hearing.....

........What were we talking about?!?!?!?! $avatar88366_21.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom