What's new

Proraso red soap reviews

All Proraso line is pretty consistent in terms of performance. I personally don't like the red one, but only because of the scent.
Now, I must say, after some thought, I came to the conclusion that Proraso red should be their main soap and not the green one, mostly because of the menthol in their other soaps (green and white).
Being a cheap, decent performing soap, it's often recommended to beginners. The menthol numbs your face a bit, and that can act as a mild anesthetic. When you learn to shave, I don't think that it's such a great idea to want that, as you might not feel what's happening on your face too easy. You might end up with irritation afterward, even if you didn't felt the blade scraping your face during the shave.

So yea. Proraso red is great, even if I don't like it. :001_smile

I have red and white and have yet to use the red but if it performs as well as the white it will be a non issue.

I LOVE all of the flavored colors. Green and blue are my favorite. Although blue is a cream only. I rotate between red, white, blue and green.

After your post, I went to Walmart.com & found that ad. Thanks. But I don't think I've seen them in a local store. That online price is better than the $10 I saw on Amazon (& better than the $8.50 I found on e-bay, but those are still more than the $2 in Italy.)

I wonder if it would be worth it to take the wife on a trip to Italy so I can save less than $10 on a couple of containers....

Of course it would. I am surprised you would even ask that question.

Top Bottom