What's new

Making a brush

That looks awesome! What a labor of love!

Had a delay in the laser engraving, but here is my first completed brush build. The only thing left is to test drive(shave) with it.
Thank you all for the encouragements.
$image.jpg$image.jpg

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
A good average know loft is 2x the diameter. So 48. A 60mm tall knot including the plug with a 12mm deep hole. Assuming the 60mm is accurate. Really any two part epoxy works. Be careful not to use to much. Don't want it to spill out onto the handle. Maybe about 1/16 to 1/8 inch deep. Insert it slow and give it a small twist.

Here are pics of its first bloom...the 48mm loft was a solid suggestion, thank you. This brush lathers like crazy with very little effort.
$image.jpg

What did you use to finsh it and how many coats did you put on? Looks Great !
Since it is Gemsbok horn, I just used a three stage polish. Not sure if it really needs any sealer?

Very nice! Do you have your own laser engraver, or did you send it to a business to do?

I used a local tactical supply store (Greystone Tactical) and have built a friendship with the owner (Nathan) and the laser engraver (Drew). Great guys and Drew has mad skills.

Since it is Gemsbok horn, I just used a three stage polish. Not sure if it really needs any sealer?

I planned on making a buffalo horn brush but am too busy for that right now. From all the info I could gather, no sealer is needed, just a good polishing. Again, a very unique and beautiful brush!

Top Bottom