What's new

Best / Worst

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
What's best thing about shaving for you, and what's the worst?

For me:

Best: Feeling better after I've shaved than I did before I've shaved.

Worst: Shaving when I'm feeling lazy, or only shaving once a day when I'm really enjoying my shaves.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I like it all; making and applying lather, taking off whiskers, clean up, tha Super Smooth feel after. I'm an equal opportunity shaver.

Best: getting a close shave with a new razor first time you try it
Worst: using razor that is highly rated and it doesn't work for you

Glenn

Best:The improved outlook on things I have after a good shave.
Worst: Finding out the straight I'm using needed a touch up... Last week!

Best; My wife's critical assessment 7,8,9 hours after the deed is done.

She, "Was that a new blade today?"
Me, "Nope, shave #xx."
She, "Woooow!"

She so serious, cracks me up every time.

Worst; Surgical scar from behind the right ear to almost the Adam's Apple, delicate sensitive, focused treading. Always a relief to be finished there.

dave

Best : Looking at my watch and deciding it's time for my shave
Worst : Acquisition disorder, hoarding as many different razors, blades, soaps, creams and aftershaves as I can lay my hands on, then only using some of them, letting the rest gather dust and realising it's time to downsize !!

Best: I love the way my face feels and I feel after a great shave.
Worst: My beard doesn't grow fast enough to enjoy shaving more often.:thumbup:

Best: Trying something for the first time. That can be a new blade, soap or razor. Doesn't matter. Always a thrill.

Worst: Reopening a nick. It doesn't happen often but when I get a nick, I shave around the spot for a shave or two to let it heal. Every once in a while I forget and reopen the wound. Real dumb-*** thing to do.

Best: Wife's compliments on a BBS and the A/S I'm wearing.
Worst: Nearly cutting my ear off trying to learn straight razors. Still working on it...(the razors, not the ear)

Best- Time to alone enjoying myself, looking like $1,000,000 afterwards is just a bonus.

Worst- Getting a product that is hyped up but doesn't work well for you

Best: I appreciate my skills, enjoy shaving and have better skin! :thumbup1:

Worst: Only shaving once a day.

Best: The shave, the scents, the no irritation, being able to shave twice a day - 7 days a week... the whole kit and caboodle.

Worst: Hearing my wife say: "I thought this whole shaving thing was supposed to SAVE money?!"

Best: The smooth clean feeling of a great shave. Using a razor that was built in the late 40's and is still very functional yet today.

Worst: When getting weepers and nicks wondering, "Should I stop doing this and just us a Fusion?"

Best: looking forward to shaving and enjoying the process and the result.

Worst: shaving. Before started the DE, did it only when facial hair started itching, and the pain especially in the chin area where all types or cartridges tugged.

Best: The focus it gives to other aspects of health, appearance and skills
Worst: "Scare-itation" - irritation that appears toward the end of an indifferent shave, but only lasts for 5-10 minutes after the shave, and then settles down or disappears. I leads to Woody Alan type inner-monologues: " I knew I shouldn't have used that type of blade, what was I thinking..? Maybe I need to buy more blades and try them...but I could spend that money on something else...maybe I shouldn't use this soap...Could it be bad for my skin? Could it have been doing damage all this time..? Maybe I'm allergic...or maybe it's fine and I just have a buyers remorse rash..? Should I buy more balms, if I'm gonna get irritation like this...or maybe go back to carts...or grow a beard...".
The monologue dies down 5-10 minutes after the shave too.

Top Bottom