What's new

best WCS badger brushes under $40.00

Stirling soap company. Finest badger. $29.99. If I remember right Rod said the prices of these brushes are going up after this batch of brushes are sold and they will be offering a 2 band I believe this fall. But anyways got this brush in today, handle has a little weight to it and doesn't feel cheap at all. Hair felt pretty soft out of the box when dry but after wet it was extremely softer. There is a little "funk" to it at first which can be expected. This thing blooms huge as you can see in the pic! Haven't shaved with it but will later tonight. For $29.99 this puts up a great fight in the badger brush category.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Awesome! How did you like them?

I liked them very well. No break in or pre lather, just went straight to lathering and shaving. A bit premature to give a review, but I was impressed.

For roughly $32, well under the OP strike point, the Wee Scot was a great little lather machine. First use was a bit prickly, but it had good backbone and made a perfect lather with Mitchel's Wollfat.

The Commodore, slightly over the $40 price of the OP, could easily knock my TGN silver tip from its pedestal. It was less prickly than the Wee Scot and it made fantastic lather with both MWF and C&S

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Nice. I've seen the TGN acronym used a lot what does that mean ? I'm still fairly new to a lot of lingo.

The Golden Nib. It was given to me by B&B member Brianw. It is set in an Ever-Ready handle and can be seen on the top shelf center position in the picture above.

The Berkeley is breaking in fantastically. I really would never have believed a brush this size could produce so much lather!

Top Bottom