What are your nicknames/aliases?
Eric

Where do you live?
Connecticut

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
Rabbi. Retired U.S. Naval Officer

What is your favorite shave setup?
brush: C&E Badger Brush (but currently in the market to upgrade.)
mug: Old Spice mug I've had for years.
Razor: Merkur Futur, Merkur Slant
Soap: Really depends upon the day. I wake up in the morning and I say: "it feels like a Proraso day!" Mama Bear is in there, so is Nancy Boy, Classic. That's the great thing about wet shaving--you're not limited to just one thing.
after shave: Again, depends on the soap. Proraso, Feather, Nivea.

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Cooking, coffee (espresso nut with expensive equipment,) reading, bicycling, single malts, teaching, travel,

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
My oldest son was just commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Army, and as a retired officer, I had the privilege of swearing him in myself.
Fluent in German. (A few other languages also, but that's another story.)
In excellent health and in love with life!
Been wet-shaving after a fashion since 1963 when I bought an old spice mug and soap (wistful sighs of nostalgia that they don't make it any longer, because it was pretty good stuff!), and some cheap kind of brush. I realized immediately that this was better than anything I had previously used. The razor situation hadn't gotten out of hand at that time, so there were a few Gillette models available and a Shick injector. I followed every fad as it came along, buying cartridges with more and more blades, used stuff in a can and was unhappy. I had the feeling that I could be enjoying shaving rather than merely doing it as a necessity, but something was lacking. Periodically I hauled out the brush and cup, worked up a lather and shaved, but something was still missing. About two months ago (June '06), I came across an article on wet-shaving which led me to more things, including the MSNBC article, branched out into more sites, bought a Merkur Futur and a Slant razor, many soaps, and here I am. I'm still a newbie in many respects, but I not only enjoy shaving in the morning--I really look forward to it. It's fun, I get a better shave, and as I've learned, there's an entire community of wet-shavers out there who are willing to share advice, experiences, etc., and I now spend entirely too much time on wet-shaving sites, but I'm having the time of my life! Thanks, all of you.
Eric

(Thread generated automatically by the Hall of Fame Submission Form)

Top Bottom