What's new

tabac vs. d.r. harris

Tabac isn't my favorite scent. I like it but don't love it. However, I have never found a soap that performs better. There are some I think are as good but I never experienced one better.

Both these soaps last ages. As for performance though, I give it to Tabac by a fair margin. Easy to lather, is not prone to dissipation and has more slickness and cushion in my experience.

DR Harris has some nice scents though - I'm fond of Windsor - a classic cologne scent.

I like both but give the edge to Tabac. Both are long lasting. DRH Arlington and Windsor are great scents. Tabac may not be to some, but I like it just fine. The differentiator is performance. Tabac (mine is a shave stick) offers quite possibly the best combination of lather, lubricity and cushion that I have ever experienced.

I was using a Tabac stick then I bought a Tabac puck.
So I squashed the last half of the stick into the top of the full puck.
I only shave every 3 or 4 days so I estimate my Tabac should last around
350 years.

:thumbup:

I would give the slight edge to Tabac, but both are fantastic and will always be in my rotation. I agree with what some others have said - Tabac just lathers so easily and is really slick. I think DR Harris scents are better FWIW.

i have both...i have used up a puck of arlington already and now i am onto windsor....tabac i have too but i use the windsor more.

i like the windsor scent much better than tabac which is too overpowering

DR Harris is my most favoritest soap ever. Everything about it is perfect. Tabac is number 3, after Proraso Red, and certainly a fine choice of soap as well.

While they are both excellent top soaps, I would give the edge to Tabac. For me the Tabac has slightly better performance and the great scent.

Tabac is the decisive winner on performance.

Arlington is maybe my favorite scent in the shave soap business.

But while I don't have any DRH at the moment, I am never without Tabac.

I like the scent, but the shave is about as good as it gets.

Top Bottom