• Other

• Art is King!

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
By Norm Clarke - Las Vegas Reveiw-Journal -2 July 16
proxy.php

"The suspense should end in September.

$Goalie Image.pngAll signs point to that as the time for the unveiling of the team name for the Las Vegas entry in the National Hockey League.

Owner Bill Foley hinted on June 22 he might be wavering on the team name he favors. That was the day NHL commissioner Gary Bettman announced Las Vegas was getting a team.

“I love Black Knights,” Foley said at the news conference. “I’m an Army guy, but maybe that’s not the right name for this team as this time.”

He’s probably heard and read reports that the fan base isn’t wild about Black Knights. No small consideration: Las Vegas’ first major professional sports team would be adopting Army’s team name in an Air Force town" [???].

Works Cited: a) http://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/columns-blogs/norm-clarke/how-about-neon-knights-name-vegas-new-hockey-team b)http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/462467-Listen-up-Hockey-Fans-Las-Vegas-amp-Quebec-City-apply-for-NHL-expansion-teams!?p=8299933&highlight=#post8299933

So with saying that, I propose we hold our own Poll to decide what the new Team should be named (logo & jersey Poll will follow
in Sept 16). :w00t:

[FONT=&amp]“Hockey...The Coolest Game on Earth”!! NHL Official Slogan[/FONT]

Last edited:
Those are all terrible. It doesn't matter, though. The team will have a new name in a new city in a few years.

It is cool to see a major league team in LV, though.

Last edited:
If you dont have snow you shouldn't have a hockey team. I'm salty Wisconsin does not have a team. Especially when we are building a brand new Bucks arena(a new NHL team could easily play there). Honestly most everyone in Vegas is a transplant, nobody is going to really care about this hockey team.

Having endured my little rant I would like to see something like a desert name or something that is based off the city nickname (Sin City or City of Lights). My Idea: Las Vegas Neon, Las Vegas Sinners, Las Vegas Mirage.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
There can be only one-GAMBLERS.

marty

I say take the gambling angle, but take it a bit further. Call them ...

The House.

Think about it ... "the house always wins" ... "the game is stacked in the house's favour" ... "can't beat the House" ... that'd be killer.

I think the NHL might steer clear of any gambling references, and other teams in various sports have used some of the names, so I'm going with the Las Vegas Others. :wink2:

Top Bottom