What's new

What's Your Favorite recovery/post work out drink/snack/meal?

$3_steak_baked_potato.jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm definitely a meat and potatoes guy, but I was thinking something fast and light. I'll sometimes make a smoothie with milk, banana, honey and peanut butter.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So you should of asked what's your light post workout meal:laugh:
I guess I still new to the concept of an immediate post work out refueling to replenish the glycogen lost from the muscles during the work out. Should it not be something that is absorbed fairly quickly, as opposed to a heavy meal?

I guess I still new to the concept of an immediate post work out refueling to replenish the glycogen lost from the muscles during the work out. Should it not be something that is absorbed fairly quickly, as opposed to a heavy meal?
There's no specific or universal way for it. The modern weightlifter or physical fitness athletes loads up after workouts according to their wants or needs, it can be shakes or meals. Your body will absorb the nutrients no matter what the time or conditions. It just needs the proper consistent feeding factor.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I usually have supper within an hour or two after finishing a workout, so I'm usually good to go. However, if that's not the case (or I just feel like I need or want something), I usually go with a little bit of plain yogurt or some nuts.

I usually have supper within an hour or two after finishing a workout, so I'm usually good to go. However, if that's not the case (or I just feel like I need or want something), I usually go with a little bit of plain yogurt or some nuts.
What is your supper of?

There's no specific or universal way for it. The modern weightlifter or physical fitness athletes loads up after workouts according to their wants or needs, it can be shakes or meals. Your body will absorb the nutrients no matter what the time or conditions. It just needs the proper consistent feeding factor.
Happily , you don't even need to time meals so you could eat before and have just water after it you prefer. Fortunately, the body is flexible! I usually have something after but not always. It all comes to preference.

Happily , you don't even need to time meals so you could eat before and have just water after it you prefer. Fortunately, the body is flexible! I usually have something after but not always. It all comes to preference.
True, you're body does not know what time of day it is. Just feed it properly on a consistent basis and decrease or increase calories as you prefer for specific outcomes, such as weight loss or gains.

Top Bottom