What's new

A Palmolive Stick Revisit

Countless soaps I have used over the years and this one is fantastic(k). Imagine if they made a puck of this gem?
Nice green scent, plenty slick and feels great after. I just can't get onboard daily with a stick.

The scent is among my favorites and the performance is unreal. If you don't like the stick you can always mash it into a bowl of just load from the stick directly. I wish it was readily available in the USA, they sell the stick in Pasteurs Pharmacy in NYC for $14!!!!! Thankfully for EBay I got mine for like $2 or $3 shipped from the UK. Much better than Arko IMHO. WOAH SHOTS FIRED! :w00t::a33::a41::gun_bandana::tank::shuriken::oops::pipe::thumbup:

Palmolive stick $14???

Holy Cats.... Local store here in Europe $1.10 USD

A Tube of Palmolive cream is $.95 USD

It's definitely good stuff, but IMHO La Toja from Spain just pips it to the post

+1 I too think La Toja is the best soap of any other in stick or puck.

I had a stick of Palmolive at a time I was having trouble getting the hang of using a shave stick, so I cut it into 3 pieces and made a puck out of it. It does lather very well. One of my favorites.

Last edited:
A great shave stick, almost on a par with Arko. And cheap as chips - my local supermarket sells them for 50p which equates to...*checks post-Brexit exchange rate*....about 50 cents:cursing:

If I had a source for these things as cheap as some of you in Europe, I'd probably not use anything else. Excellent performance.

The scent is among my favorites and the performance is unreal. If you don't like the stick you can always mash it into a bowl of just load from the stick directly. I wish it was readily available in the USA, they sell the stick in Pasteurs Pharmacy in NYC for $14!!!!! Thankfully for EBay I got mine for like $2 or $3 shipped from the UK. Much better than Arko IMHO. WOAH SHOTS FIRED! :w00t::a33::a41::gun_bandana::tank::shuriken::oops::pipe::thumbup:

So funny that I have Arko mashed into a bowl and have never thought to do the same. I have an extra olivewood bowl perfect for the mashing.

I checked out that UK seller. That's insanely cheap!

I love the stuff! I use it as a stick as well as grated and mashed into a mug. You should see the lather just erupt on the grated in a mug Palmolive when I lather on it. Awesome.

+1 I too think La Toja is the best soap of any other in stick or puck.

I had a stick of Palmolive at a time I was having trouble getting the hang of using a shave stick, so I cut it into 3 pieces and made a puck out of it. It does lather very well. One of my favorites.

Palmolive and La Toja sticks are my 2 favorite shave soaps. La Toja has a much better scent in my opinion.

West Coast Shaving sells the Palmolive stick for less than $4. Picked up a stick when I was there on Father's Day.

Love me some Palmolive! Great performance, fresh scent. Grating one of my many sticks into an Anchor Hocking bowl is on my short list of potential upcoming 3017 victims.

I can`t wait to finish off what I have already opened so I can get to my Palmolive sticks!

Why wait? Throw it in the Dopp sack.

Palmolive and La Toja sticks are my 2 favorite shave soaps. La Toja has a much better scent in my opinion.

West Coast Shaving sells the Palmolive stick for less than $4. Picked up a stick when I was there on Father's Day.

In fact, I carry both of these sticks in my Dopp kit alongside a tube of Proraso Blue. I pick up a spicy note in Palmolive, so it's my favorite scent of the three.

I enjoy this soap as well. I had originally ordered the Palmolive tube but received a stick instead. This was mentioned to the vendor and he generously sent me a tube.

I swiped my father's Palmolive stick to throw in my carry-on when I fly to the US next week. I've tried it a couple of times in the past week and I quite like it. Unfortunately it appears to have been discontinued here in Australia so this half a stick will prolly be all I get to experience. :001_unsur

I enjoy it and have purchased from an ebay seller and then from Connaught Shaving. Great for travel or everyday use.

Sent via Tapatalk from phone

Top Bottom