What's new

This May Sound Crazy, But Is There A Cologne That Smells Like The Florida Air?

The scent I remember the most when I lived in Fort Lauderdale or Liquordale as the locals call it, was Scotch!

I'm on the Western Edge of the Pine Barrens, right before it starts to turn into what passes for Civilization here in SNJ ... the only time I get that far into the area you're describing is when I drive through it going to Atlantic City.

I'm on the western edge as well, in Burlington County. The Pine Barrens scent I'm describing is most obvious to me along Rts 70 and 72 past the circle, and the forest between those two roads.

I'm on the western edge as well, in Burlington County. The Pine Barrens scent I'm describing is most obvious to me along Rts 70 and 72 past the circle, and the forest between those two roads.

You must be talking about the Brendan T. Byrne State Forest. That's only about 5 miles from where I live, but I almost never go in that direction. Whenever I go anywhere, I'm always headed West along Rt. 70, which I pick up at the Red Lion Circle where it crosses Rt. 206.
The only time I go East is headed towards Atlantic City, and its always at night, usually once or twice a year when I have both enough time and extra money simultaneously.

I'm also in Burlington County, specifically Southampton, so we can't be too far apart.

You must be talking about the Brendan T. Byrne State Forest.

Indeed, I am! I was a cadet in Civil Air Patrol and so spent a large amount of time in the Pine Barrens, but I've always loved Byrne the most.

I'm also in Burlington County, specifically Southampton, so we can't be too far apart.

I'm in Lumberton! I have family in Manahawkin and Forked River, so I travel down 70 and 72 fairly often.

Annick Goutal vetiver might be one to look into, toor. Strong sea salt note. Smells a lot like driftwood to me. Was on my list as my next purchase for a long time.

Top Bottom