What's new

Shulton Old Spice Cologne and Aftershave!

I broke out the good stuff for Independence Day party and Firework show. Loving it!

Happy 4th all!

Old Spice is a scent that is highly under-rated. I think that if it was new to the market, put in a fancy bottle and released under a designer's label, it would sell for $75 a bottle and be a hit with a younger demographic. My bottle is vintage (probably 30 years old) Shulton, and the ingredients are top notch. There is nothing cheap or synthetic about it. It sounds like you have the same thing. I've never tried the new formulation, so I can't speak on how it compares to the original.

Old Spice is a scent that is highly under-rated. I think that if it was new to the market, put in a fancy bottle and released under a designer's label, it would sell for $75 a bottle and be a hit with a younger demographic.

I wish I could smell the original Old Spice. It was/is really that good?

Old Spice is a scent that is highly under-rated. I think that if it was new to the market, put in a fancy bottle and released under a designer's label, it would sell for $75 a bottle and be a hit with a younger demographic. My bottle is vintage (probably 30 years old) Shulton, and the ingredients are top notch. There is nothing cheap or synthetic about it. It sounds like you have the same thing. I've never tried the new formulation, so I can't speak on how it compares to the original.
I agree

I picked up a bottle at the drug store the other day and it smelled ok but I'd like to get a vintage bottle like my dad used back in the day.
I'm looking on eBay but not sure what i'm really looking for. Can someone with some experience tell me the keywords I should look for and what a fair price to pay would be?

So many are from India and this gives me a bad feeling. It seems like I am looking for Shulton on the bottle somewhere but what else should I look for or avoid? Also the prices are all over the place lol.

Many thanks

Last edited:
I picked up a bottle at the drug store the other day and it smelled ok but I'd like to get a vintage bottle like my dad used back in the day.
I'm looking on eBay but not sure what i'm really looking for. Can someone with some experience tell me the keywords I should look for and what a fair price to pay would be?

So many are from India and this gives me a bad feeling. It seems like I am looking for Shulton on the bottle somewhere but what else should I look for or avoid? Also the prices are all over the place lol.

Many thanks
you are looking for vintage Shulton old spice aftershave and or cologne. Often you can find a gift set with both. Buy it now prices are too high usually. Look for bottles that are partial or full but are being bid on and wait till the last second to bid. Make sure the bottle says Shulton and made in USA on it. Prices are what your willing to pay. Some bottles are worth money but it's rare. I have paid almost 20 for a full bottle of cologne shipped and felt good. I have also paid less too and felt really good about it. The aftershave is cheaper usually. It's a lot more powerful than the current formulation. I have never found a bottle that has been diluted or filled with current, but it could happen I guess. Look for good feedback ratings. Good luck!

you are looking for vintage Shulton old spice aftershave and or cologne.

Thanks for the explanation. I was kind of thinking the same range on the price so that helps.

The bottles that read only Shulton INC I'm sure are what I'm looking for.
But I also see many bottle that read Distributed by Procter & Gamble and have Shulton on the copyright line. Are those bottles also what I'm looking for?

Thanks for the explanation. I was kind of thinking the same range on the price so that helps.

The bottles that read only Shulton INC I'm sure are what I'm looking for.
But I also see many bottle that read Distributed by Procter & Gamble and have Shulton on the copyright line. Are those bottles also what I'm looking for?

There is some debate on that. I have never purchased any of the Proctor and Gamble aftershave or cologne. There was a period of time when they put out bottles that had a fancy schooner on it and the name Shulton and Proctor and Gamble were both on it In the early 90s I believe. I would stay away from those. Other people may have better insight on that. I'm just not sure when Procter & Gamble changed the way it was made.

Top Bottom