What's new

How many SRs do you currently own?

I am curious...

How many SRs do you own?
How long have you been collecting?
Do you have a particular favourite among your collection?

Not really a collector.....
have four SR's, no real favorite, but enjoy each one for something unique it has....grind, shape, width.
also have a feather artist club so 5 if you add that in
been using SR's about 9 months

Hmmmm... Good question. I haven't counted the collection in a while. Must be close to 50 or so plus another 4 or 5 in the 'to-do' drawer, and a few GD's I'm brain storming with. My favorite?... The one I use on any given day! =)

I should answer my own question... :001_smile

I currently have 12 SRs in various stages of restoration and 4 in the mail...finding their way home to papa. I also have two shavettes. I have been collecting for just over a month now...I lose track of time. No favourites yet.

I myself have 11 including the Feather AC DX, Feather AC SS and the Greager GR100B. I have been using them for several months now and while I do not actually consider myself a collector, I do value my collection as they ALL have specific meaning for me and have been put together as a very diverse set for different styles of SR Shaving as well as different needs of each day.:thumbup:

I'm right about 30 now. Most are quite vintage and I have "restored" them to my liking. I am fascinated by the different ones and like to find diamonds in the rough, give them a good polish (or an acceptable one) and call them mine.

Let's see...
3 Bokers
3 Jerry Stark
2 Brian Brown
3 Ralf Aust
1 Hart Steel
1 Dovo
1 Zowada
1 Kleeblatt
...I think that's it

Collecting might not be the correct term, but for discussion sake let's say 5 years.
Favorite is whatever is in my hand at the moment. But indeed I have a soft spot for my 7/8 Hart Steel and 6/8 Boker Silver Steel.

Last edited:
^^impressive collection

I've got 7 but two are not shave ready.

My favorite ones are my German heirloom that Mycarver restored and the C.V. Heljestrand Mk31 that I paid a pretty penny for.

In the moment i own 27 SR's and some DE's, SE's
I am collecting almost 4 years
Fovorite .... hard to say ... for now my brand new acquisition Hayashi Diamond 1000, but tomorrow ... who knows ... :biggrin1:

Genco - my grandfather's
Wade & Butcher from antique mall
Wosty Pipe Razor from eBay
Gold Dollar from member here

Started one year ago and I've got 18 and one cheap shavette. There are no favorite one and I like all of my razors.

21- I don't really consider myself a collector as I use all of them in a pretty random rotation. Most were purchased early on, I've been using SR's for about 2 1/2 years now.

Top Bottom