What's new

July 2016 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well last month in June I`ve finally gotten the Pelikan M101N M nib Tortoiseshell Brown fountain pen which came out in 2011 and enjoying writing with it so much naturally I had to get the Pelikan M101N F nib Lizard fountain pen which came out in 2012. Can I say this is my personal Pelikan rabbit hole? I have had an eye out for these Pelikan fountain pens ever since when they first came out and needless to say they are wonderful juicy writers. I use them for my daily diary writing and letter writing or for that matter any writing. I am indeed in Pelikan fountain pen heaven!! Have a great summer everyone!

$IMGP6920.jpg$IMGP6922.jpg$IMGP6923.jpg$IMGP6925.jpg$IMGP6927.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
No lizards here (yet) but I did see a big rattlesnake last week. :ohmy:

Congrats on another Special Edition, @Radium !

No lizards here (yet) but I did see a big rattlesnake last week. :ohmy:

Congrats on another Special Edition, @Radium !
@nemo all credit goes to you by your unintentional enabling me of your gorgeous Pelikan M101N`S! I was sitting on the fence for the longest of time wether or not to purchase until I`ve seen your Pelikan M101 pens :tongue_sm:lol:

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
More parts. I needed a barrel for a 140 that has a cracked section, been looking for a while now (years!).
Finally found a good deal on one from Serbia (less than $25), came with the filler which I diagnosed as having a bad seal -- probably why it was available.
Anyways, took it apart and it all looks good so I'll be able to fix another Pelikan, this one has a perfect fine point nib.

$tmp_16454-07071612501775138058.jpg

Got "some" samples from Vaness... Plus a Rhodia Dot Pad.... Lots to play

Here is the first one that's inked. KWZ Cappuccino

$tmp_16454-0707161259a179421818.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Vintage ink bottles, some with usable contents (Carter's, Quink blue)
Had to buy a whole mess of junk to get that Pelikan, it's the smaller Wagenfeld design.

Last edited by a moderator:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I don't care about that little one in the middle (there were two of those) but I do love the 1938 Bauhaus on the left. I've got already the larger with bigger cap.

Wilhelm Wagenfeld

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Very cool score, Doug! Very cool. :thumbup:

By "smaller Wagenfeld design," do you mean that there were more than one size? All of the examples that I seem to find with a brief internet search end up being the 90mm size, including my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom