What's new

Construction

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
There has been a bit of construction at the place I work lately.
I enjoy watching this is take shape.

They have finished the demolition work and have started on the foundation.

$20160627_104913.jpg

$20160701_092844.jpg

$20160701_092857.jpg

Drains are in and the foundation poured.

Looks kind of nice to be watching it instead of doing it. :lol:

$Picture 006.jpg
$Picture 007.jpg
$Picture 008.jpg
$Shawn in Crane.jpg

On a side note, I don't have the goatee anymore thanks to this site. :tongue_sm

I like work......I could watch it all day. :laugh:

That is the wiser option. At 43 I have herniated disks, nerve problems, arthritis in a dislocated collarbone, hip and knee problems, and missing 2/3 of an index finger. All pretty much stem from a lot of hours of being too stupid to quit.

That is the wiser option. At 43 I have herniated disks, nerve problems, arthritis in a dislocated collarbone, hip and knee problems, and missing 2/3 of an index finger. All pretty much stem from a lot of hours of being too stupid to quit.

My life story.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped

I use to work doing building removals. e.g. Cut the house in half, place on a trailer and relocate to a new site. Re pile etc etc.........until the bosses son crashed my hand with a steel beam that supported the house on the trailer. :cursing: It put me off work long enough I ended up changing my occupation.

I did not envy the boys doing the contraction here when I took the photo, as they had been working in the rain for days before hand.

Except for the finger thing, I'm right with ya! And I'm only six years behind!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
They are getting ready for the beams. They are due to be going up tomorrow. Looks like the weather is on their side.

$20160704_123011.jpg

$20160704_123016.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Always so hard to see whats going on in pictures. Cool though!

Sorry just got my cell phone at work. I could walk closer but I would rather give them their space.

They are building a new Beef Boning room. There was one there but they are making it bigger with a lot of new equipment to go inside.
On the other side of the poly panel wall is a Lamb Cutting room.

Here is a couple from looking in from a old viewing window and access door. These are taken from the other end of the original photos

Dirty window.......dirty job.

$20160704_132155.jpg

floor dug up for new drains.

$20160704_132229.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you fare a little better than I did. I changed jobs and slowed down, then it all came catching up at once. :a15:

That's what I'm afraid of, it all catching up when I grow idle(er). Slowly at work I become more of an office guy than a 'laborer' over time, but I am searching hard for a new career, so who knows what that'll even be!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
That is some beautiful countryside in the background, and a cute little crane in the second pic. :lol:

The second pic has the beams on the roof rails plus overhanging the back. The small hiab crane is handy for delivery of little jobs.
When I done some paving at home a similar one delivered pallets of pavers and swung them over the top of my fence.

That's what I'm afraid of, it all catching up when I grow idle(er). Slowly at work I become more of an office guy than a 'laborer' over time, but I am searching hard for a new career, so who knows what that'll even be!

I went from Iron-worker/millwright/welder, to running a seismic drilling rig in the woods 12 hrs a day 7 days a week for 35 days on and 3 off to 8 hrs a day in a factory running 1/2 inch tubing.
I love the work, very complex, intricate, artistic, and something to be proud of, but it's made me very lazy.:lol:

$20110114101424.jpg
$20110203162748.jpg
$2013-10-19_21-56-28_864.jpg
$2013-12-30_21-55-34_817.jpg

The second pic has the beams on the roof rails plus overhanging the back. The small hiab crane is handy for delivery of little jobs.
When I done some paving at home a similar one delivered pallets of pavers and swung them over the top of my fence.

I noticed all the beams tied down on it. Can't tell though, is it an articulating boom or straight?

Top Bottom