What's new

Couple of new purchases

Well my next project is on the way. Nothing too dramatic. Just a couple old brushes I picked up from earlsnuff4588 on ebay (if I'm not allowed to mention his name let me know and I'll edit my post). He was kind enough to let me use his photos. I love the pattern on the Rubberset. For under $30 shipped, for both, I'm pretty happy. I've been looking for a butterscotch but haven't found anything I really liked. This one was cheap enough for me to mess with and not get too upset if something goes wrong. Both handles are about 2 inches high.

No-Name butterscotch:
$s-l16002.jpg

Rubberset 1500:
$s-l1600.jpg $s-l16001.jpg

Brushes came today. Steamed out the knots. The Rubberset opening is about 25mm deep and about 24mm in diameter. I'm thinking of either making it a small chubby or putting a 22mm flat top knot in it. I have a lot of depth to work with, which is nice. We'll see after I clean it up a bit. I'll change my mind about a dozen times. I'm hoping by the end of the cleaning process the brush will let me know. :001_smile

$P7050001.jpg

Just a quick update. Haven't really done much. I got a nasty case of poison ivy that has me sidelined. First time I've ever had it. Hope it's the last.:thumbdown

Brushes came today. Steamed out the knots. The Rubberset opening is about 25mm deep and about 24mm in diameter. I'm thinking of either making it a small chubby or putting a 22mm flat top knot in it. I have a lot of depth to work with, which is nice. We'll see after I clean it up a bit. I'll change my mind about a dozen times. I'm hoping by the end of the cleaning process the brush will let me know. :001_smile

View attachment 671376

Keep in mind you can space the knot up with coins if you feel that hole is too deep. Quarters usually fit fine under a 24 mm knot. The coins also provide some heft which I like.

Top Bottom