What's new

hello from Ireland

A warm greeting from not so sunny Ireland.

Although my grandfather taught me how to shave with his straight razor over 30 years ago, I am sad to say I have not had one in my hand since, (as my parents quickly intervened with modern safety razor). So in a recent yearning for the past, I checked ebay to see if I could find what I remembered to be his razor and found one that looked familiar. Researching the model I found a post by MisterDarcey on the Badger and Blade site and had to sign up to thank him, and have soon found myself lost in the wealth of knowledge shared by your members.

Although I may not be able to impart much wisdom, beyond the point that a slate tile from a church roof can provide a shaving edge to a razor (local old time tradition, possibly now of use only in a zombie apocalypse situation) I look forward to participating in the community.

Off to increase my max bid TTFN

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

[MENTION=8775]captp[/MENTION] half Irish myself, mothers side is Scottish. I think my Scotch half must be from the waist up though, as I have never found myself wanting to wear a skirt, just as well as I don't have the legs for a kilt anyway :)
Thanks to everyone for the guidance and kind welcome.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
[MENTION=110964]dettoll[/MENTION] my other half is Sicilian. There's a match blessed by the Devil himself:lol:

Top Bottom