What's new

Super soft soap problems

I have Caties bubble and Phoenix Artisan soaps which are so soft I end up putting chunks of ulathered soap on my face, how do I lather with these soaps? Maybe I need a really soft brush.... I just can't lather like I usually do. I have soft soaps like cella , but these two are beyond just soft. Help please

I took my old Omega Boar with me to Malaysia 3 weeks ago and used it exclusively for face lathering CB Two to Mango while there. I soak my natural brushes in water as I shower to soften them up, squeeze all of the water out, flick on towel a few times to ensure bristles are just moist, and then spend about 20 seconds loading. CB is super soft and doesn't take much loading.

I do find loading CB with a synthetic is easier, as they're softer. I don't soak any of my synthetic knots, and just run some water over them, wring out, and load for around 30 seconds.

If you're getting chunks of CB soap, that means either your brush is too hard and you're loading too much, or the soap is too soft. I always let my CB tubs air out while I'm at work and cover them before going to bed.

My advice would be to not push down with the brush, just load with the tips until you have enough product to build the lather on the face or in a bowl.

You might try loading the brush and bowl lathering. I normally face lather CB and PAA, but today I decided to try to take a little more time to see if I could get a perfect lather from the Cad. I loaded my synthetic brush and bowl lathered dipping just the tips of the brush in the water to add a little at a time until I had it perfect.

If the soap is that soft, why not try bowl lathering, treating it like a cream. Take a few pieces and put them in the bowl, add hot water, just covering them for like 2 minutes, dump out the water carefully, and hit it with a damp brush. Go from there. I used to do this with Cella, before I started face lathering.

Top Bottom