What's new

Williams Mug as a pre shave

Try it. Don't rinse it all the way off just wet your hands and give it a good few passes off your face, leaving a little remaining and build your lather on top of it. Combined with cella and I was knocking down my 7 days growth (mini beard) line up with no soap on my face just the remaining slickness. Anyone tried this before?

That is a very interseting idea and potentially a very good use of Williams' slickness. I may try that, but I may alter by simply rubbing the wet puck on my face prior to face-lathering a different soap. I am intrigued. Thanks for the idea

I have a new puck of Williams in the drawer, I picked it up just to test it so maybe I need to break into it.

I've done this with other soaps that weren't really good enough for me to want to shave with and it can work just fine. But I don't like the scent of Williams so I haven't tried it with that.

It's slickness would make it a good candidate for that. I think Ivory soap, once owned by the Williams company, would also make a good pre-shave as it too is very slick.

That is a very interseting idea and potentially a very good use of Williams' slickness. I may try that, but I may alter by simply rubbing the wet puck on my face prior to face-lathering a different soap. I am intrigued. Thanks for the idea

Exactly what I did buddy. I left some Williams on my face and lathered Cella over it. I'm glad you liked the idea, let me know what you think

It's slickness would make it a good candidate for that. I think Ivory soap, once owned by the Williams company, would also make a good pre-shave as it too is very slick.

The standard bar soap? I have the aloe version and think I might try it

I have a new puck of Williams in the drawer, I picked it up just to test it so maybe I need to break into it.

Not many people can get on with Williams..... but if you are one of the few.....you are immediately entered into an elite group of wet shavers. We hold meetings every couple of months. Good luck comrade

Finally...a use for a soap that I cannot get to lather properly

It will never lather like an artisan soap, simply because it is NOT an artisan soap. Make the best out of it, you don't need a thick lather to pretect you during a shave. Just as long as there is a barrier between your skin and the razor, even if you can't see the barrier it's fine! Think of clear shaving gels. (I'm sure you know this but I'm just explaining in case there is a newbie reading)

Not many people can get on with Williams..... but if you are one of the few.....you are immediately entered into an elite group of wet shavers. We hold meetings every couple of months. Good luck comrade

Real talk: I find it second only to MWF. I think the trick is soft water.

I love Williams. I love other soaps more (scent and easier lather) but I really get great shaves with it. However - [MENTION=103898]CBLindsay[/MENTION] recently suggested this as a preshave and I love it! It works great for me!

It will never lather like an artisan soap, simply because it is NOT an artisan soap. Make the best out of it, you don't need a thick lather to pretect you during a shave. Just as long as there is a barrier between your skin and the razor, even if you can't see the barrier it's fine! Think of clear shaving gels. (I'm sure you know this but I'm just explaining in case there is a newbie reading)

True it's not artisan but just as good as some and better then most. I get rich thick lather and perfect shaves.

This is what the musgo GLYCE and now razorock Mr. Joe, PAA etc. glycerine bars are made for. I have no doubt Williams would work quite well for this. Its really slick.

Top Bottom