What's new

Just used Osage rub.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I know you used it, because I felt the chill at my house in NJ.

Osage Rub is one of my favorites. I keep some in a spray bottle at work. When I'm working outside in the middle of summer, I spray it on my arms chest and back and it keeps me feeling much cooler. For aftershave, I love mixing it with Skin Bracer. That's an awesome mix.

And a belated welcome to B&B from a fellow Missourian. Check out the Show-Me Shaver's group in the Clubs & Brotherhoods forum. Link in my sig!

Thanks I'll check it out. I also saw a link to the wiki for aftershave mixes you had posted in another rub thread. Interesting stuff for sure. Lots of experimenting to go.

I got my first bottle of Osage Rub about two weeks ago.
I can't believe I've never used this stuff before.
And I don't know why its so hard to find in retail stores.

Its intense as an aftershave.
The burn feels nice, and I can still feel the chill a half-hour later.
Its the only alcohol-based ASL that I use without diluting with water first.

It also works wonders as a body splash.
I've been putting it on my feet both before and after work.
I rub some on my lower back to relieve pain there, also.
And I apply it to my temples and forehead to relieve a headache.

Last but not least, it smells a lot better than I was expecting.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
When burning up: splash on scalp.

Splash down neck, back, under arms, over your shoulder.

Our freaking AC is blowing hot air, and while we wait for three quotes ( = hell :cursing::a32::a52::a51::bayrum2:) I am bathing in the Rub.

Going through way more Rub than aftershave, and that's saying something.

AA

Osage Rub is great stuff. It might be my most used aftershave, actually.

It comes on with some burn - the alcohol doing its job - but the menthol chill overtakes that right away and hangs on for a good while. I find that it helps fight razor burn and actually reduces redness after a sub-par shave. And it does not dry out my skin - probably because of the eucalyptus oil.

The scent is not heavy and wears off quickly, so there are no worries about coordinating aftershave and cologne.

Oh, and it does work great as a cooling body splash, as a few others have pointed out.

Osage Rub is great stuff. It might be my most used aftershave, actually.

It comes on with some burn - the alcohol doing its job - but the menthol chill overtakes that right away and hangs on for a good while. I find that it helps fight razor burn and actually reduces redness after a sub-par shave. And it does not dry out my skin - probably because of the eucalyptus oil.

The scent is not heavy and wears off quickly, so there are no worries about coordinating aftershave and cologne.

Oh, and it does work great as a cooling body splash, as a few others have pointed out.

Sounds like I would probably use it more as a body splash.

I only use it straight up on the hottest days or when I need to freeze my face and head! I usually for the "Aqua Man Slap", 50/50 AV Ice Blue and Osage Rub.

Osage Rub is one of my favorites. I keep some in a spray bottle at work. When I'm working outside in the middle of summer, I spray it on my arms chest and back and it keeps me feeling much cooler. For aftershave, I love mixing it with Skin Bracer. That's an awesome mix. QUOTE]

I use Aqua Man Slap, 50/50 AV Ice Blue and Osage Rub. What to you call the OR/SB cocktail?

Despite my newly-found infatuation with Osage Rub, I find its not so great as an aftershave.

The label says nothing about using it this way. It doesn't list glycerine or witch hazel as an ingredient. It does say it works for face and body, but shaving is not listed as one of its applications.

Aside from the intense cold, I'm getting better results all-around using my old standbys of Bigelow cream and AquaVelva Ice Blue. With this combo, the over-all shave is much more comfortable, smoother, and my skin looks and feels much better afterwards.

Osage Rub will be a mainstay in my den from now on, but I'm limiting its use to below the neck. Especially on my feet before and after work. That plus Arnica gel have proven to be quite a life-saver.

I primarily use it on my scalp, folliclitus stays away, mostly. Also a great rub for neck and feet after work. Ahhhhhhh.

Not great as aftershave, but I do mix it with Skin Bracer for a little Bootlegger Green Freeze. :thumbup:

Osage rub finds it way into every single one of my shaves and every time I get a skin fade at the barber shop it is used all over my cranium. The art of getting a full service haircut at a barbershop is dying off and is very hard to come by now. After using this for a few months I noticed a drastic difference in the over all quality of my skin. This stuff if great for skin irritation and ingrown hairs.

Top Bottom