What's new

Just used Osage rub.

I started using O.R. recently. I put some on my scalp, like my barber did when I was a kid. Maybe it will stimulate some new growth up there! or just feel good.

I make an Osage aftershave with 1/3 O.R., 1/3 witch hazel (with aloe and glycerin), and 1/3 Everclear. That puts it at good comfortable level and gives my face the sting and soothing I need.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I use Osage Rub just before bed. Brush my teeth with toothpaste, not the OR, splash my face with cold water and splash on some rub to cool down my face especially after a day of physical work in the sun. Wonderful feeling and the scent is quite subtle.

I use Osage Rub just before bed. Brush my teeth with toothpaste, not the OR, splash my face with cold water and splash on some rub to cool down my face especially after a day of physical work in the sun. Wonderful feeling and the scent is quite subtle.
(emphasis mine)

Thank you in advance for the clarification! :laugh:

Didn't know what this stuff was, but after all the positive comments, looked it up and discovered it is made by Pinaud....now I got to try it!

Mine Just came in. Love it
$IMG_1380.jpg

^^ Man I keep forgetting B&B has ads. Probably the single greatest benefit to me in being a contributor is to have that ad banner gone!

That's pretty much exactly what I use. It's plenty sturdy. I throw it in the bottom of my backpack when I head out to the flighline.

I found an old cologne bottle in the den. It holds one ounce, made of glass, has a good strong pumper, and a slide-on cap. It rides nicely in the pocket of my work pants.

I tried it first with half-n-half Osage Rub and Thayers Original Witch Hazel. Half a bottle lasted me about 3 days. I just now topped it off with Osage Rub alone so the ratio is now 3:1 and the cooling effect is much more pronounced.

I sprayed one of my coworkers on a 95F day and she loves the stuff. And I gave away half a bottle to my friends that don't have air conditioning at their house, and now they're hooked on it, too. I immediately ordered a replacement from Amazon and it arrived yesterday.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed a difference in efficacy between splashing it on versus spraying it?

I've been using a spray bottle the last few days at work. But it doesn't seem to be as cold or as long lasting as when I first tried it from the bottle.

When I got home from work today, I splashed some straight from the bottle on my arms, neck and chest. And its c-c-c-cold! Just the way its supposed to be. And here it is 45 minutes later and I can still feel it.

I'm not getting that same effect from a spray application ... I might have to resort to getting a second bottle so I can splash it on when I'm at work.

That's just a simple matter of how much you're using. You'll get more from a splash than from spraying. I spray at work because I want my spray bottle to last. Works just fine. At home if I want to cool down, I'll splash with reckless abandon!

THis stuff sounds like something I may need to pick up by the gallon. I like cold.

The last couple of weeks, I've been carrying a small spray bottle in the pocket of my work pants.
When people see me putting some on they ask "What is that?" and I tell them "Liquid Air Conditioning."

Top Bottom