What's new

Do you clean your wifes razor

I bought my wife a Lady Gillette So now she uses it all the time. I change the blade and clean the razor because if I didn't it wouldn't get done. I was wondering if the other members here do it or not.

Most women nowadays shave with disposable razors ... so if she clogs your vintage Gillette, throw her away and get a new wife.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Mat, I don't know but when she's shaves with her mach3, she'll go months without changing the blade. I don't know how she does it.

My wife doesn't use one. She uses disposables. She does use one of those mid evil tools of torture that peels the skin off her heels like she is skinning a piece of fruit that uses razor blades and she does replace the blades on her own because she is a big girl and can do it all by herself! (Im so proud of her) Maybe you should try taking off the training wheels for the little miss.

My wife has a Lady Eversharp Injector, and I clean it and change the blades for her when she asks me to. Even though it is an injector, I am continually amazed at the fact that she only asks me to change blades every two to three months. When I ask her more often, she always says "It's still working fine. Don't bother."

If she thinks she is capable of shaving with a razor she can certainly clean her own equipment!

+1

My SWMBO has her own shave den complete with her own hardware and software. I don't touch any of her stuff but I imagine that she cleans them once in awhile because the ones on her rack are pretty shiny.

My DW also has the Lady Gillette. She changes her own blades (Feathers) - but not often enough in my opinion. I suggested she change them every third shave. I don't clean the razor and am not sure she does either. I'll have to take a closer look at it when I get home.

I got my wife started wet shaving with a Lady Gillette Blue and Pink Parker 29L safety razors accompanied with some Kiss My Face creams. She loves the shaves now because they are close and last so long, but I clean and polish those razors and replace the blades or it wouldn't get done. Speaking of which ...

My SWMBO is an epilator girl and, apparently addicted to pain... Those things will kill ya.

She washes it out after use all by herself.. I only have to buy a new one every 3 years or so...

thought about introducing the ball and chain to DE but after watching her technique with a cart I figured she would end up looking like a slasher movie and quickly forgot the notion

Yep! I clean it and change blades. She's completely capable of doing it, but I think she knows I'll clean a few at a time. Also, she doesn't want to go digging into my "extras" box for blades...

I bought my wife a Maggard MRP about 9 months ago. She's used it 3-4 times, and went back to the Venus disposables. I picked up her razor and was going to harass her about it when I noticed that the handle was all sticky!

Turns out that she'd never bothered to RINSE IT OFF, and the Orange scented shaving cream had dried and left a sticky, syrupy mess on the handle and the head of the razor. The blade itself had partially rusted; I pulled it out and threw it into my blade box for disposal, and immediately sprayed the razor with Scrubbing Bubbles. 15 min. later, the razor looked brand new, and I gave her an earful for it.

I think what I'm going to end up doing is just giving it to her sister - the wife says, "It takes too much time to use the brush and shave with that!" (Never mind that if she REALLY wanted to she could - ugh, I can't believe I'm saying this - use canned goop with the safety razor in the shower where she normally shaves, and it'd take the same amount of time PLUS give her a smoother shave. But I digress...

Top Bottom