What's new

Face, bowl, mug

I face lather almost exclusively, and I generally don't load the brush first with a soap or cream. I just put soap on my face or put a small amount of cream on the brush. I do load first with a croap.

I seem to have better results face lathering with most products. I've had a few products where I had trouble face lathering. Generally these issues arise with very thirsty hard soaps that need an lots of water and brushwork in a bowl to really make a nice later. I keep an oversized mug around in the bathroom just in case.

I occasionally do an uberlather by face lathering. I load soap onto a brush, then put a little cream and a few drops of glycerin. Then I just work everything in.

For me personally, I often find it easier to judge the right amount of water to soap / cream when I'm face lathering. I find that I'll often use too much water in a bowl and have a dry lather with a cream. I think this just comes down to experience. I'm very used to face lathering.

As mentioned before it is really what works for you best. I face lather because I get a feeling for how the soap lathers and can dial in the soap almost every single time.

I thought I knew what a really good lather was until I face lathered. Then I really found out what a good lather was.

Sent from the Danger Phone

I face lather with Arko, bowl lather with C.O. Bigelow cream, and palm lather with canned goo, but that's just my preference. There's no wrong way if the lather on your face meets your needs.

I find that if I try to get what I feel is enough water into the lather while face lathering, lather wants to go everywhere. I bowl lather except when on travel.

For me personally i like using my brush & bowl, i feel as though i've had a proper shave, adding to that i add 4-6 drops of glycerin into my bowl,which always makes a wonderful lather either with soap or cream, but i it's a personal thing, the main thing is i make time so i don't rush my shave.i enjoy it..but we are all different, this works for me...and that's all that matters after all.

80% of the time I mug lather using one of those hand hammered copper bowls from Turkey.

The other 20% (when I have the extra time) I use a Crown Shaving Scuttle.

As what has already been stated - it is indeed preference.

I prefer face lathering, as I would prefer spending the time working the brush against my face and working in the attributes of the soap to the skin, as opposed working them into the bottom of a mug.

That's just me though.

Definitely personal preference.

Unless I am using a shave stick (I face lather those), I use a Walmart Mainstays Everyday 22 oz. soup mug to bowl lather. It works well for me, however I wish it had a bit of texture on the inside surface to help lather building.

$mainstays-everyday-solid-colors-22-oz-soup-mug-black_5539694.jpg

Top Bottom