What's new

Collecting salt

All of the salt talk has made me thirsty. :lol: Anyways there is a town down the street aways (read about an hour) that has a building made out of salt. The town is called wait for it Grand Saline. Its on a salt table or something.

I think normal Kosher (that is, large-grained) salt is entirely sufficient for general salting. It is easy to misuse the 'fancy' varieties (French, Hawaiian, Himalayan, etc.). Many of these have pronounced flavors and thus should be a major ingredient on their own, not just a seasoning. Using these salts to season strongly flavored ingredients, such as meat or some vegetables would almost be a waste. Using them with more subtly flavored ingredients, such as certain sea food or in salads, however, can be quite rewarding, but can also be challenging.

It's fun, though.

Best - MM

I received a 'Salt's of the World' sampler as a gift. It's a great sampler, albeit a little pricy.

proxy.php

Can you provide a link? That is a great item.

I like sea salt. My wife and I never use iodized table salt. Always either sea or kosher. The fancy salts... eh... I can pass and not feel I'm missing anything.

SAD?! REALLY?!
I HATE YOU B&B :mad2: (says the guy with almost 1000 posts:rolleyes:)
Ok I still take pride on the fact that I have resisted to KKAD (kitchen Knives AD)

I had never considered salt as a collectible item, very interesting.

Hhhmmmm, I'm very thirsty all of a sudden :wink:

Top Bottom