What's new

Laser Ultra Razor Blade

I was gifted a few by a great guy on this Forum & I am eternally grateful. The Laser Ultra Blade blew me away with my first shave with it. It was smooth & mowed my 2 day beard down without a problem & did a great job on my chin & neck area without irritation.! No nicks & very close to a BBS shave. Got to order some more for sure. I have a medium normal beard & YMMV.:001_cool:

Good work
YMMV covers a multitude of sins !!
I got 2 good shaves from a Laser Ultra, but blunted it during the 3rd

I'd love to try these one day myself. I've wondered if there as good as the Gillette Sword's?
IMHO most blades are better than Gillette Wilkinson Sword - I gave up on them after a bad shave followed by a mediocre shave !!
Only 2 other blades I hate more - Derby and Topaz Stainless

I'd love to try these one day myself. I've wondered if there as good as the Gillette Sword's?

Based on the above review I have decided to give them a try. The Gillette Wilkinson Swords are a good, not great, blade for me (in a Gillette Sterling Razor). If the Lasers perform as good as, or above them I will be satisfied. Still searching for a cheaper alternative to the 7 O' Clock Blacks,

I've done quite well with the Sword's. I have them on par with any Personna, but their the better option as their always found cheaper anywhere their sold.

Got my pack of 50 Laser Ultra Blades today and tried my usual 2 pass shave with it in the Gillette Sterling Razor.

Verdict: Not Sharp but Smooth. These blades perform similar to the Gillette Wilkinson Swords, providing an above average shave. Definitely not sharp, they struggled a bit with my 2 day stubble on the first WTG pass.
However, the flip side is that they are really smooth. So there was very little to no razor burn. I only wish the shave was a bit closer. In that regard, the 7 O' Clocks are undefeated.

I have tried 4 blades so far and these are the grades they receive (in a Gillette Sterling):

Sharpness:
1. 7 O'Clock Blacks - 9/10
2. Gillette Wilkinson Swords - 7/10
3. Vidyut Super max Stainless - 4/10
4. Laser Ultra - 5/10

Smoothness:
1. 7 O'Clock Blacks - 8/10
2. Gillette Wilkinson Swords - 6/10
3. Vidyut Super max Stainless - 4/10
4. Laser Ultra - 8/10

Thanks for the review. I like my Stirling a lot but, it seems to get little love on this Forum. I try as many different blades in it as possible however, I cannot afford them all as there are way to many out there.

Thanks for the review. I like my Stirling a lot but, it seems to get little love on this Forum. I try as many different blades in it as possible however, I cannot afford them all as there are way to many out there.

I wanted to know how many shaves you get from a Laser Ultra. So far I have gone through around ten of them. I shave every other day and I have a rough stubble. I normally do a 2-pass WTG/XTG shave. The first shave is good. Second is ok, and it starts tugging on the third. This is with the Sterling Razor. I don't know if it's my prep or technique. Can I get more shaves from this blade.

Thanks for the comment. I am going on around 5 shaves & counting with this blade. I have a medium normal beard & hydrate my beard well before applying lather. All 5 shaves are smooth so far & no pulling here. If you have a heavy beard type that would explain the pulling/tugging. Croma blades do this right out of the wrapper.:w00t: So don't feel bad. I would say if you got 10 shaves that its way above the norm. Most guys with heavy beards seem to get only 2-4 shaves with any blade. I will return to the Laser Ultra after I finish testing the GSB & Treet Platinum blades.

Based on the above review I have decided to give them a try. The Gillette Wilkinson Swords are a good, not great, blade for me (in a Gillette Sterling Razor). If the Lasers perform as good as, or above them I will be satisfied. Still searching for a cheaper alternative to the 7 O' Clock Blacks,

I live 7 o'clock Blacks, but have found Bolzano and PolSilver to be right there with them in my EJ DE 89

I have one 7 O'clock Black that I have not tried yet. Its on my bucket list to try it out.

Definitely try it now. It's by far my favourite blade, esp. in the Sterling. No other blade has been so sharp. While with other blades I can hear the hair being cut on the first pass, the 7 O'Clock Blacks are virtually silent. Really smooth to, I just have to remember to be feather light with them, a little bit of pressure results in some occasional razor burn. But definitely the best blade for effortlessly mowing down a 2-3 day old stubble.

With my Merku 23C the Laser Ultra only scored 1/5 for comfort and 2/5 for closeness. my comments were "pulled worse on the first shave than the Feather did after 10, didn’t feel close after the shave even after 3 passes, was a quite sore and irritated after every shave, had to push harder, this resulted in nicks and cuts"
Now that I found a website with 177 different blades I seem to have gone crazy and ended up with 16 years of blades, so if anyone wants to try the Laser Ultra, PM me and I will give you the remaining 4.

Attachments

• blade reviews.JPG
    blade reviews.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: Kix
First shave with one this morning. My last shave with a Laser Super Platinum was just ok so my expectations were low but to my surprise it performed much better than I could have hoped. Very smooth and decently sharp no tugging or pulling, price per blade via ebay is dirt cheap even at a 1 and done shave. These wont replace my go to vintage blades but will definitely be buying a couple hundred to add to my stash.

I just tried one of these for the first time a couple of days ago. Not the sharpest blade, but definitely sharper than, say, the Voshkod, amd some others that are popular.

First two shaves were pretty good. Shave three this evening, so we will see how it goes.

Top Bottom